- Latest Cape Ann News
Vehicle homicide charged in May fatality
When a vehicle struck and killed a 29-year-old Salem man in a Gloucester parking lot in May after a heated argument between the driver and the victim, police interviewed the man who had allegedly been behind the wheel, then let him walk when the DA'sContinued ...
AG Coakley moves to KO fish limits
BOSTON -- Calling the federal government's recent over-regulation of the fish stock an "existential threat" to New England's 400-year-old fishing industry, state Attorney General Martha Coakley Wednesday urged a federal court to stop the new regulatiContinued ...
911 mall call lands Rockport woman in hot water
PEABODY -- Two reported 911 calls asking police to help her carry out her holiday shopping have landed a Rockport woman in hot water. According to Peabody police, Zemenay D. Auditore, 35, of 13 Stockholm Ave., was arrested and charged with disorderlyContinued ...
West Gloucester bridge work
After two days of preparation, the Route 128/Route 133 bridge repair project in West Gloucester slipped into high gear Wednesday when work crews began taking out stone slabs and parts of the railings that are targeted for replacement. The $220,000 seContinued ...
Shrimp season scrapped before it starts
PORTLAND, Maine -- Regulators have scrapped the shrimp season in the Gulf of Maine for the first time in more than 30 years after shrimp populations dipped to the lowest levels on record. The decision by the Atlantic States Marine Fisheries CommissioContinued ...
- Teen pleads not guilty in teacher slaying
- Petition measures on track for state's 2014 ballot
- Rockport group, MGH host Saturday blood drive
- Gloucester Police/Fire: Rockport man faces city DUI charge
- Essex Police/Fire: Detail officers rattled by drivers
- Rockport Police/Fire: Sound of gunshots draws police response
- Man faces vehicular homicide charge in May death at Lepage Lane
- Schools' teacher ratings draw fire
- New arms bring North Shore man new hope
- Vehicle homicide charged in May fatality
Saluting Cape Ann's top athletes of the fall sports season
We have already been over the top team moments in the fall high school sports season on Cape Ann, now it's time to honor the top individuals of the area. With several teams making state tournament runs and a few making deep runs into the postseason,Continued ...
- Cross country standouts named Moynihan Student-Athletes of the Month for November
- Ellsbury joins the Enemy
- Saluting Cape Ann's top athletes of the fall sports season
Editorial: Override must be seen as last option for Rockport schools
It's very early in the process in all of our communities for the 2015 fiscal year, which begins next July 1. So it's a bit disarming to hear any local officials talk at this stage of the game of a potential "need' to override the state's PropositionContinued ...
- Insights and Outbursts: Christmas spirit in our daily lives
- Letter: Fuller School as a future crisis center
- Editorial: Override must be seen as last option for Rockport schools
Past & present
Given Leigh Barrett's long history with "A Christmas Carol," it's only fitting that she play the Ghost of Christmas Past. The Reading actress appeared in North Shore Music Theatre's first production of the Dickens classic in 1989 and remembers it welContinued ...
- Inn, kitchen tour features live music, nibbles
- Three Cape Ann children in holiday play
- Past & present
- New England Cable News
- World News