- Latest Cape Ann News
Report spotlights fishing's fast fall
A report commissioned by the city Fisheries Commission shows that, as of a month ago, 210 commercial fishing vessels berth at docks and wharves in Gloucester's Inner Harbor and 38 percent of those utilize publicly-owned facilities. But that's not allContinued ...
Bowling against hunger
Students at Manchester's Memorial Elementary School took a hands-on approach to fighting hunger last week, with guests dining on soup from the students' hand-crafted bowls as part of a drive to raise money to fight the problem both locally and globalContinued ...
City man killed in Maine snowmobile crash
NEW PORTLAND, Maine -- Police say a Gloucester man was killed when he tried to cross a Maine road on his snowmobile and was hit by a pickup truck. The Somerset County Sheriff's Department said the accident happened around 6:15 p.m. Friday as 57-year-Continued ...
Chamber sets showcase for plate project
A month into a renewed effort to create and sell a Cape Ann license plate, the Cape Ann Chamber of Commerce has received a total of more than 50 potential designs spotlighting the area. Chamber officials have scheduled a public reception to showcaseContinued ...
Martial arts teacher still held in grisly beating case
SALEM -- The mixed martial arts instructor charged with repeatedly beating his Gloucester girlfriend so severely she has been left disfigured will remain in custody until a hearing later this month to determine whether he still poses a danger if releContinued ...
- BankGloucester opening Essex branch
- Free screenings for lung cancer
- Gloucester District Court: Charges dismissed in Maplewood scuffle
- Shalin Liu hosts school chamber, choir concert
- Rockport on the agenda
- Essex on the agenda
- Manchester on the agenda
- Salem weighs private firm to run struggling school
- Prosecutor: 'Knockout' suspect claims mob ties
- City man killed in Maine snowmobiling accident
- Report spotlights fishing's fast fall
Baker's Best: ME's Morton, Christopher named CAL Player of the Year
The Manchester Essex boys and girls basketball teams just polished off team state tournament runs last week, and now a couple of its top players have been recognized as the Cape Ann League Baker's top performers. The CAL released its All League and AContinued ...
- Crunch Time
- Crunch Time
- Baker's Best: ME's Morton, Christopher named CAL Player of the Year
Editorial: Mansfield project spotlights tangled city permit process
After more than two years, it's great to hear that property owner Jim Santo has firmed up plans to go forward with redeveloping the two lots at the corner of Washington and Mansfield streets, where a wind-swept September 2011 fire drove several familContinued ...
- Editorial: Bank right to warn of latest scam
- Letter: Overriding question in Rockport
- Editorial: Mansfield project spotlights tangled city permit process
High blood pressure can quietly damage kidneys
Dear Abby: I thought I was a healthy 40-year-old until I was diagnosed with high blood pressure. My doctor began treating it as a stand-alone condition, without considering that high blood pressure is a major risk factor for kidney disease. At firstContinued ...
- Girl is cruising for a bruising with daredevil antics in car
- High blood pressure can quietly damage kidneys
- New England Cable News
- World News