- Latest Cape Ann News
City skills attract surveyors
If you're in the market for an accredited marine surveyor this week, Gloucester is the place to be. The city will play host to about 75 members of the Society of Accredited Marine Surveyors today and Thursday, as the national organization stages itsContinued ...
Council lets veto stand
City councilors let a mayoral veto stand Tuesday night in a 5-4 vote, and in doing so threw out a new potential city ordinance, previously voted on favorably by councilors, that would have required explicit City Council approval by vote before the ciContinued ...
Conomo Point residents sign, protest third year leases
ESSEX -- In Conomo Point, where land transactions and disagreements trace back centuries, history is repeating itself. About half of the Conomo Point residents offered third-year "bridge" leases by the town have agreed to sign them, but some, as whenContinued ...
Santa hears wish lists
Some whispered, and some were bold, but the wishes of children attending Cape Ann TV's holiday party as told to Santa were recorded for posterity. Cape Ann TV, the local access cable channel which serves Gloucester, Rockport, Essex and Manchester, hoContinued ...
Volunteers sought to help animals
Following a shift in focus by the New England Aquarium, NOAA Fisheries is looking for more volunteers to help in the federal agency's programmed response to reports of marine mammals stranded along the coast of Cape Ann, the North Shore and other porContinued ...
- MBTA blames latest deficit on union case
- Shoppers stroll before Santa sails in
- Man, 19, faces domestic assault charges
- District Court: Drunken driver ordered to pay $363 for damages
- Manchester Police/Fire: Homemade explosive detonated
- Rockport Police/Fire: Family issue sparks domestic dispute
- Leases give residents more time at Long Beach
- Scouts selling Christmas trees
- Gloucester Police/Fire: Car glass smashed, computer stolen
- Tiny invasive beetle detected in Essex County
- City skills attract surveyors
Boys Basketball Preview: Experienced Fishermen thinking tournament
The Gloucester boys basketball team is coming off a disappointing 7-15 season and missing the State Tournament. But with nine returning varsity players the Fishermen should expect a much better season this winter. What the Fishermen lack in size theyContinued ...
- Orlando steps down as GHS baseball skipper
- Boys Basketball Capsules
- Boys Basketball Preview: Experienced Fishermen thinking tournament
Editorial: Local leaders should follow Tierney's lead on FEMA mapping
It was encouraging to learn from Congressman John Tierney that a number of elected federal officials are now pressing to delay and more fully study the new flood insurance rate maps and regulations pushed by the Federal Emergency Management Agency thContinued ...
- Editorial: Essex River study deserves fast track
- Letter: Term limits needed to reverse our slide
- Editorial: Local leaders should follow Tierney's lead on FEMA mapping
Pork Pie: A Christmas tradition for many
The tourtière has become a traditional part of Christmas and New Year's celebrations in Quebec, but the pie is also enjoyed at other times throughout Canada, as well as in the upper Midwest and eastern parts of the United States, especially in New EnContinued ...
- Shrimp for Feast of Seven Fishes
- Fruit, spice dress up short ribs
- Pork Pie: A Christmas tradition for many
- New England Cable News
- World News