Two alligators of record-breaking size, both over 700 pounds, were caught this week in Mississippi, one right after the other.
Two alligators of record-breaking size, both over 700 pounds, were caught this week in Mississippi, one right after the other, according to the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks.
The first alligator, weighing in at 723.5 pounds and measuring 13 feet 5.5 inches, was killed shortly after midnight on Sept. 1, breaking the current record of 697.5 pounds from 2012.
An hour later, a second alligator was killed, weighing 727 pounds and measuring 13 feet 4.5 inches.
Mississippi isn't the only home to large alligators. In May 2013, a teen in Texas killed an 800-pound alligator south of San Antonio, according to Fox News.
- Z_CNHI News Service
Brother sues W.Va. senator over business loan
U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin's brother claims he's owed $1.7 million that he loaned to keep a family carpet out of bankruptcy in the 1980s.Continued ...
How spy agencies keep their 'toys' from law enforcement
A little over a decade ago, federal prosecutors used keystroke logging software to steal the encryption password of an alleged New Jersey mobster, Nicodemo Scarfo Jr., so they could get evidence from his computer to be used at his trial.Continued ...
Russia's war on McDonald's takes aim at the Filet-o-Fish
Russia said earlier this week that it had no intention of answering Western sanctions by making it harder for Western companies to conduct business in Russia.Continued ...
But all bets are off, apparently, when you threaten the Russian waistline.
- Don't judge mothers with messy homes
- Inequality crisis shot with factual problems, hypocrisy
- Thursday, July 24, 2014
- Arizona's prolonged lethal injection is fourth in U.S. this year
- Technology plays key part in battling police brutality (VIDEO)
- Better police needed for college teams enticed to cheat
- Facebook continues moneymaking trend
- Has the ipad lost its swag?
- Wednesday, July 23, 2014
- Almost half of America's obese youth don't know they're obese
- Darth Vader is polling higher than all potential 2016 presidential candidates
- Tuesday, July 22, 2014
- Expectations too high for a rehabbing Woods
- Llama on the loose corralled in Missouri town
- An oncologist uses scorpion venom to locate cancer cells
- Brother sues W.Va. senator over business loan