The U.S. State Department has issued a worldwide travel alert because of a possible threat from al Qaeda.
- Community News Network
Why do people look like their pets?
As much as we might quibble over the virtues and vices of Canis domesticus, however, and over whether human nature is any better or worse than dog nature, even dog fanciers don't usually want to look like a dog.Continued ...
Ice bucket challenge trending up
Internet trends are a dime a dozen these days. Everything from Tebowing to planking to the cinnamon challenge can cause a wave of social media activity that can last for weeks before fizzling out.Continued ...
Africa goes medieval in its fight against Ebola
As the Ebola epidemic claims new victims at an ever-increasing rate, African governments in Sierra Leone, Guinea and Liberia have instituted a "cordon sanitaire," deploying troops to forcibly isolate the inhabitants in an area containing most of the cases.Continued ...
- Democrat? Republican? There's an app for that
- Five myths about presidential vacations
- Thursday, August 14, 2014
- Can 6 seconds launch a career? A generation of Vine stars sure hopes so.
- 8 crucial tips for college freshmen
- A night in Ferguson
- Wednesday, August 13, 2014
- The scales of injustice: Weight loss differs between men, women
- Williams among many who cracked jokes while fighting depression
- Drug dealers going corporate
- Tuesday, August 12, 2014
- Why the Ferguson police-shooting riots had little to do with Ferguson
- VIDEO: Stars react to Robin Williams' death
- Most Republican House districts are majority-white
- Monday, August 11, 2014
- Job market tilting toward workers
- Why do people look like their pets?