Instead of buying your mom a generic gift for Mother’s Day like flowers or a day at the spa, here are some cool gadgets that won’t only surprise her, but perhaps perfectly match one of her hobbies or current needs.
The fitness mom
For the mom who likes to exercise and stay fit, there’s the Griffin Adidas MiCoach armband that’s selling on Amazon for under $20.
The cooking mom
For just $32.99 on Amazon, mom can turn just about any vegetable into spaghetti with the GEFU Spirelli Spiral Cutter, especially if she wants to replace starchy pastas with a less-fattening and lighter substitute.
The "newish" mom
This next item isn’t really a gadget, but it’s pretty cool just the same.
If grandma is still opening cans by hand, this item will make it a lot easier. The West Bend Electric Can Opener is considered to be one of the best of its kind, according to many reviews.
According to reviews for this product, it’s supposed to open cans of any size easily -- even the tall and heavy kinds, and it’s supposed to remove tops smoothly and evenly.
The design of the West Bend Electric Can Opener is made to take up a small amount of counter space, as it’s tall not wide, and includes a bottle opener plus a knife sharpener. In addition, the opener has an automatic shutoff and is billed as dishwasher safe.
Before you go out and buy the same item that you usually buy for mom, try something that will match who she is and where she is in her life -- whether she’s a fitness mom, a cooking mom, a new mom or a grandmother.
Not only will this approach bring her a well-deserved smile on Mother’s Day, it’ll make her happy that you actually saw her as an individual and not just as your mom.
Story provided by ConsumerAffairs.
- Community News Network
VIDEO: Aftermath of NYC building collapse
Footage from the New York Daily News shows firefighters responding to a building collapse at East 116th Street and Park Avenue in Harlem. At least 11 minor injuries had been reported late Wednesday morning.Continued ...
VIDEO: Double leads to runaway stroller at spring training game
A fan at a recent Marlins-Mets spring training game in Port St. Lucie was so intent on snagging the ball from a ground rule double by Chris Young that he forgot to hang on to the stroller carrying his young son, which then careened down a hill.Continued ...
If you were a crustacean, would you feel pain?
A scientist and a seafood chef walk into a bar. "We have a mutual interest," says the scientist. "I study crustaceans and you cook them." But the chef wanted to know just one thing: Do the animals feel pain?Continued ...
- How virus sleuths and public health officials track the cause of a mysterious illness
- First Apple, now Google hit with kids' app lawsuit
- VIDEO: First month of Colorado pot legalization brought in $2M in tax revenue
- VIDEO: NHL game postponed after player collapses
- VIDEO: Family rescued from ferocious feline
- Monday, March 10, 2014
- In this tech age, how can a plane go missing?
- VIDEO: Skydiver, pilot treated after midair collision
- Researchers tackle mystery of how some snakes can fly
- Holder: Heroin deaths an 'urgent and growing public health crisis'
- Friday, March 7, 2014
- Most deadly fraternity scraps initiation for new members
- VIDEO: Michigan woman's death, mummified body hidden by auto-pay for six years
- VIDEO: Chrysler orders community college to crush rare Dodge Viper
- VIDEO: Aftermath of NYC building collapse