These four free websites promise to provide enough noise to help you tune out the world and work.
Coffitivity.com, a one-page website that plays a loop of coffee shop sounds, says the "mix of calm and commotion in an environment like a coffee house" is what is needed to aid focus and creativity.
Coding.fm supplies, you guessed it, the sound of people writing computer code. The site allows you to select one of three settings, Monday morning coding, hackathon coding, and angry dev coding.
Raining.fm lets users customize their rain noise with volume sliders and multiple thunder and lightning settings.
If rain or clacking keys is too much for you, Simplynoise.com runs a loop of your choice of white, pink or brown noise with an optional sleep timer and "oscillation" setting.
- Community News Network
Smartphone kill switches are coming
Smartphones need kill switches. It's a relatively easy solution to the pricey (and irritating) problem of smartphone theft. But who would have thought that the big carriers would team up with Apple, Google, Microsoft, Nokia, Samsung and lots of other manufacturers to voluntarily begin adding the technology by July 2015? The cooperative spirit! It makes so much sense!Continued ...
Why do wolves howl?
Of all the myths that dog the wolf, none is more widely accepted than the idea that wolves howl at the moon. Images of wolves with their heads upturned, singing at the night sky, are as unquestioned as a goldfish's three-second memory or a dog's color-blindness (both also myths).Continued ...
Biggest student loan profits come from grad students
This week, the Congressional Budget Office projected that the federal government would earn roughly $127 billion from student lending during the next 10 years.Continued ...
- Pennsylvania won’t take action following Ohio ruling on quakes, fracking
- VIDEO: Boston bomb scare defendant appears in court
- Consumer spending on health care jumps as Affordable Care Act takes hold
- The case for separate beds
- Raw oysters spike U.S. rise in bacterial infections, CDC reports
- Wednesday, April 16, 2014
- To sleep well, you may need to adjust what you eat and when
- Doctors to rate cost effectiveness of expensive cancer drugs
- Low blood-sugar levels make for grousing spouses
- VIDEO: Toddler climbs into vending machine
- VIDEO: From infant to teen in four minutes
- Tuesday, April 15, 2014
- Victimized by the 'marriage penalty'
- Allergies are the real midlife crisis
- Smartphone kill switches are coming