These four free websites promise to provide enough noise to help you tune out the world and work.
Coffitivity.com, a one-page website that plays a loop of coffee shop sounds, says the "mix of calm and commotion in an environment like a coffee house" is what is needed to aid focus and creativity.
Coding.fm supplies, you guessed it, the sound of people writing computer code. The site allows you to select one of three settings, Monday morning coding, hackathon coding, and angry dev coding.
Raining.fm lets users customize their rain noise with volume sliders and multiple thunder and lightning settings.
If rain or clacking keys is too much for you, Simplynoise.com runs a loop of your choice of white, pink or brown noise with an optional sleep timer and "oscillation" setting.
- Community News Network
Wal-Mart to cut prices more aggressively in back-to-school push
Wal-Mart Stores plans to cut prices more aggressively during this year's back-to-school season and will add inventory to its online store as the chain battles retailers for student spending.Continued ...
Hospitals let patients schedule ER visits
Three times within a week, 34-year-old Michael Granillo went to the emergency room at Northridge Hospital Medical Center in Los Angeles because of intense back pain. Each time, Granillo, who didn't have insurance, stayed for less than an hour before leaving without being seen by a doctor.Continued ...
Starved Pennsylvania 7-year-old weighed only 25 pounds
A 7-year-old Pennsylvania boy authorities described as being so underweight he looked like a human skeleton has been released from the hospital.Continued ...
- Malaysians wonder 'Why us?' after second loss of airline jet
- A quarter of the world's most educated people live in the 100 largest cities
- Your chocolate addiction is only going to get more expensive
- Thursday, July 17, 2014
- Facebook tests button to let people shop from its website
- The terrible history of passenger planes getting shot out of the sky
- We're raising a generation of timid kids
- Starbucks sees more Apple-like stores after Colombia debut
- Wednesday, July 16, 2014
- VIDEO: New story emerges about Texas children locked in hot car
- Gunshots narrowly miss TV reporter
- 25 hidden secrets in "Weird Al's" "Word Crimes" video
- VIDEO: Comcast apologizes after customer service call goes viral
- Tuesday, July 15, 2014
- When your doctor commits suicide, things get complicated
- Wal-Mart to cut prices more aggressively in back-to-school push