What exactly is Free TV?
- Community News Network
New York to offer free lunch to all middle-school students
New York's $75 billion spending plan for the fiscal year that began last week includes the first step toward offering free lunch for all 1.1 million students, expanding a program now reserved only for the city's poorest children.Continued ...
Are America's biggest alcohol brands targeting the country's underage youth?
Underage drinkers - those between the ages of 18 and 20, most specifically - are more heavily exposed to printed alcohol advertisements than any other age group, according to a new study. And it's America's biggest booze companies that could be to blame.Continued ...
Survey shows colleges flouting sexual assault rules
More than 40 percent of 440 colleges and universities surveyed by Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-Mo., haven't investigated a sexual assault in the past five years, according to a report released Wednesday.Continued ...
- VIDEO: Pilot buys pizzas for storm-delayed travelers
- This is what happened when I drove my Mercedes to pick up food stamps
- There's less good music now — here's why
- Why North Korean cheerleaders may soon descend on the South
- Auto recalls break single-year US record with six months to go
- VIDEO: Foiled beach gear theft goes viral
- VIDEO: Sleeping fan suing Yankees, ESPN for $10M
- Monday, July 7, 2014
- Nation's first soda tax could come to Berkeley
- 12 states now have plans for a minimum wage of $9 or more
- Can plants hear? Study finds that vibrations prompt some to boost their defenses
- Bombing suspect's classmate hid evidence to shield him, jury told
- Backlash has begun against gluten-free dieters
- New York to offer free lunch to all middle-school students