After 11-year-old Sebastian De La Cruz sang the national anthem at game three of the NBA finals, rascist tweets poured in. Some tweets questioned De La Cruz's right to be in the country, to which he said: "People don't know, they just assume that I'm just Mexican, but I'm not from Mexico, I'm from San Antonio, born and raised."
- Community News Network
Personal genetic tests face sharper scrutiny after 23andMe
23andMe Inc.'s clash with U.S. regulators over the direct sale of its gene analysis service to consumers signals stiffer oversight of thousands of tests in an industry predicted to increase fivefold in size.Continued ...
Minnesota college student survives night on porch in subzero temperatures
A University of Minnesota Duluth student suffered severe hypothermia and could lose one or more limbs after spending a night passed out on a freezing porch in subzero temperatures with only a jacket and boots to protect her from the frostbiting cold.Continued ...
Santa's wish: Marry me
A Massachusetts firefighter surprised his girlfriend this week by suggesting they dress as Santa and Mrs. Claus for his fire department's annual children's Christmas party, then popped a stunning marriage proposal in full attire.Continued ...
- Twitter reacts to Time's Person of the Year
- VIDEO: Interpreter at Mandela memorial called a 'fake'
- Rape victim plans lawsuit against Facebook
- Tuesday, December 10, 2013
- Can Putin re-create Fox News in Russia?
- Old-fashioned trimming for tree isn't as green as you might think
- VIDEO: DOT camera captures massive pileup
- Crocodiles and alligators may be smarter than they look
- VIDEO: Obama urges world to act on Mandela's legacy
- All I want for Christmas is a new Christmas song
- Monday, December 9, 2013
- Human trafficking battled by text message
- Should Detroit sell its priceless art to pay the bills?
- Cargazing: Ford Fiesta ST is fast, fun, affordable
- Personal genetic tests face sharper scrutiny after 23andMe