- Community News Network
- Monday, July 14, 2014
An alternative diagnosis to ADHD: Schoolchildren need more time to move
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention tells us that in recent years, there has been a jump in the percentage of young people diagnosed with attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder, commonly known as ADHD: 7.8 percent in 2003 to 9.5 percent in 2007 to 11 percent in 2011.Continued ...
- Sunday, July 13, 2014
Airman laid to rest back home in Indiana six decades after death
The mystery of what happened to a military transport plane that disappeared in the fall of 1952 into an Alaskan glacier was solved two years ago when a helicopter crew spotted the wreckage. But it took another two years to retrieve the remains of Airman Howard Miller and 16 other servicemen passengers. Saturday, Miller was laid to rest in his hometown of Elwood, Ind., with full military honors. Hundreds turned out for the funeral and burial services.Continued ...
- Friday, July 11, 2014
College graduates are sorting themselves into elite cities
Census data suggests that in 1980 a college graduate could expect to earn about 38 percent more than a worker with only a high-school diploma. Since then, the difference in their wages has only widened as our economy has shifted to bestow greater and greater rewards on the well-educated. By 1990, that number was about 57 percent. By 2011: 73 percent.Continued ...
- Why Taco Bell is turning its health menu into a muscle menu
- A federal court is about to answer the question: Whom do you actually work for?
- Thursday, July 10, 2014
- Emmy nominations: 8 snub shockers
- How professors are using Facebook to teach
- Why does the Vatican need a bank?
- Wednesday, July 9, 2014
- New York to offer free lunch to all middle-school students
- Are America's biggest alcohol brands targeting the country's underage youth?
- Survey shows colleges flouting sexual assault rules
- VIDEO: Pilot buys pizzas for storm-delayed travelers
- Tuesday, July 8, 2014
- This is what happened when I drove my Mercedes to pick up food stamps
- There's less good music now — here's why
- Why North Korean cheerleaders may soon descend on the South