ESSEX — Articles on the warrant, in simplified form, for tonight's Special Town Meeting are as follows. The meeting is set for tonight at 7:30 p.m. at Essex Elementary School.
1. Adding approval for sheet metal permits to the town bylaws.
2. Borrow money to cover short-term interest owed on existing town debt.
3. Reallocate excess money generated by the sewer system.
4. Pay unpaid bills from the past fiscal year.
5. Add money to the unemployment fund.
6. Replenish the Finance Committee's reserve fund.
7. Buy a new building for town hall.
8. Use Community Preservation money to keep a segment of land on Martin Street as open space.
9. Allow the library to apply for grants for additional funding.
10. Hire a consultant to come up with a plan to subdivide northern Conomo Point.
11. Hire a professional appraiser to evaluate the worth of the Conomo Point properties.
12. Set out a plan for how to sell the Conomo Point properties.
13. Appoint new members to the Conomo Point Planning Board.
14. Buy a new copier for Town Hall.
15. Set up and equip a donated modular unit for the police station.
16. Lease or buya new police cruiser.
17. Update police radios.
18. Fund police overtime for special events.
19. Fund maintenance of the sewer system.
20. Buy new billing software for the sewer system.
Note: For the full text of each article, visit www.essexma.org, which has the official warrant.