This July 11, 2011, photo shows a shark warning sign along the Surf Beach near Lompoc, Calif., in Santa Barbara County. A shark attack at the Vandenberg Air Force base beach has claimed the life of an experienced 39-year-old surfer, following months of frequent shark sightings along the central California coast. The surfer was killed at the same central California beach where a beachgoer was killed in 2010.
- Online Extras
Israel deepens Gaza push to destroy Hamas tunnels
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) — Israeli troops pushed deeper into Gaza on Friday to destroy rocket launching sites and tunnels, firing volleys of tank shells and clashing with Palestinian fighters in a high-stakes ground offensive meant to weaken the enContinued ...
Blues legend Johnny Winter dies at 70
GENEVA (AP) -- Texas blues legend Johnny Winter emblazoned himself into the world's consciousness with his tattooed arms churning out lightning-fast guitar riffs and his striking long white hair flowing from under his cowboy hat. His contrasting appeContinued ...
Journalist released by U.S. Border Patrol
McALLEN, Texas (AP) -- Prominent immigration activist and Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Jose Antonio Vargas, who has lived and worked in the U.S. illegally for years, was released by U.S. Border Patrol agents yesterday after being detained at a SContinued ...
- Kerry cites big gaps in nuclear talks with Iran
- Salem mayor, Kim Driscoll, cuts ties with Gordon College over gay rights
- 7 dead in Lowell apartment fire
- Pilot buys pizzas for passengers grounded by storm
- Wednesday, July 9, 2014
- Woman, 83, accused of killing 89-year-old husband
- Tuesday, July 8, 2014
- State lands $14.6M motorcycle insurance settlement
- FBI: Tsarnaev's friend agreed to toss evidence
- Monday, July 7, 2014
- Bomb materials found in home
- Monday, June 30, 2014
- Ex-Auburn football player killed in Georgia crash
- Mars 'flying saucer' splashes down after NASA test
- Friday, June 27, 2014
- Obama seeks $500M to train Syria rebels
- Thousands flee Ukraine as truce nears end
- Israel deepens Gaza push to destroy Hamas tunnels