Mark and Cindy Hill hold a Powerball check with their three of their four children, Jarod, left, Cody and 6-year-old Jaiden in Dearborn, Mo., on Friday.
- Online Extras
Tornadoes hit Kansas, Oklahoma
EDMOND, Okla. -- A powerful storm system rumbled through the Plains and upper Midwest yesterday, spawning tornadoes that damaged homes and buildings near Oklahoma City and put the Tulsa area on high-alert. There were no immediate reports of injuriesContinued ...
Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot
ZEPHYRHILLS, Fla. (AP) -- Some lucky person walked into a Publix supermarket in suburban Florida over the past few days and bought a ticket now worth an estimated $590.5 million -- the highest Powerball jackpot in history. But it wasn't Matthew BogelContinued ...
Dark, massive asteroid to fly by Earth on May 31
LOS ANGELES -- It's 1.7 miles long. Its surface is covered in a sticky black substance similar to the gunk at the bottom of a barbecue. If it impacted Earth it would probably result in global extinction. Good thing it is just making a flyby. AsteroidContinued ...
- News in Brief
- Authorities arrest man in Idaho in terrorism case
- Mom chases down child abductor, man arrested
- Texas tornado devastation includes Habitat homes
- NJ terror defendants' claims 'fanciful', feds say
- Thursday, May 16, 2013
- Jurors find killer eligible for death penalty
- Wednesday, May 15, 2013
- Ammunition in short supply across nation
- Tuesday, May 14, 2013
- OJ returns to Las Vegas court
- Roller coaster to be removed from ocean in NJ
- Popular psychologist Joyce Brothers dead at 85
- Monday, May 13, 2013
- Abortion doctor guilty in 3 babies' deaths
- Va. woman has no regrets over role in burial
- Tornadoes hit Kansas, Oklahoma