President Barack Obama drew laughs during a celebrity-led fundraiser in Los Angeles on Sunday when he poked fun of his debate performance against GOP challenger Mitt Romney.
- Online Extras
Around the nation
NSA director defends surveillance program WASHINGTON (AP) -- The U.S. foiled a plot to bomb the New York Stock Exchange because of the sweeping surveillance programs at the heart of a debate over national security and personal privacy, officials saidContinued ...
Promising start fizzles in Day 2 of search for Hoffa's body
OAKLAND TOWNSHIP, Mich. -- The day started out with promising news: A state police cadaver dog picked up a scent Tuesday morning as FBI agents combed a grassy field in Oakland Township in search of Jimmy Hoffa's body. Later, a truck carrying a bulldoContinued ...
Shock lingers after Nazi unit leader found in US
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- The revelation that a former commander of a Nazi SS-led military unit has lived quietly in Minneapolis for the past six decades came as a shock to those who know 94-year-old Michael Karkoc. World War II survivors in both the U.S.Continued ...
- Bulger attorney: Allow comment against key witness during trial
- Prank backfires on Texas high school students
- Deadly El Reno tornado widest ever
- Tuesday, June 4, 2013
- Once feared in Boston, Bulger about to face jurors
- Boston fire chief resigns, cites marathon bomb criticism
- Jean Stapleton, television's Edith Bunker, dies at 90
- Friday, May 31, 2013
- Tornadoes touch down in Oklahoma, Arkansas
- 11 young people vanish from Mexico City bar
- Thursday, May 30, 2013
- Priest, author, critic Andrew Greeley dead at 85
- Speller who practices in Braille takes second turn at national bee
- Wednesday, May 29, 2013
- Search continues in Mich. for ex-Div. II champ QB
- Monday, May 27, 2013
- NY plane crash passengers ID'd as patient, wife
- Around the nation