Lemony buttermilk custard with cornmeal crust: This pie is elevated from the usual by its cornmeal crust.
Food For Thought: Finnish treats from Lanes Cove
The Finnish community on Cape Ann thankfully still cherishes its recipe boxes. Besides Nisu, from some in our generous Finnish community, I have recently learned about Sillisalaati, Kalalaatikko, and Vatkatto Marjapuuro -- a salad of cooked carrots,Continued ...
Quinoa Salad and wine? Pair it with a Riesling
Molecular gastronomy is a relatively new field in the culinary world that explores ways to prepare and combine foods and flavors. Kathleen Erickson, "The Wine PhD," owner of Savour Wine and Cheese, 76 Prospect St. in Gloucester, can help: for examplContinued ...
A cataplana is both an item of cookware used to prepare Portuguese seafood dishes, and what the dishes are called. The cataplana is traditionally made of copper and shaped like two clamshells hinged at one end and able to be sealed using a clamp onContinued ...
- The Old Fashioned
- Baked Kale Chips
- Strawberry, Lemon, Basil Prosecco Cocktail
- Oatmeal macaroons and Finnish rusks
- Coconut adds fiber, vitamins to classic candy treat
- Peanut Butter Thing
- Acorn Squash Stuffed with Turkey Risotto
- Smith & Stilton Salad with Soy Vinaigrette
- Happy and a bit o' green cake
- A rich pasta sauce, without tomatoes
- Variations on a theme
- Ruth Reichl draws on Gourmet as novel inspiration
- Food For Thought: Finnish treats from Lanes Cove