FILE - In this July 12, 2007 file photo, jazz legend Dave Brubeck rehearses at Sirius Satellite Radio studios in New York. A spokesman for Brubeck says the jazz pianist is doing well after surgery at a Connecticut hospital to install a pacemaker, The Associated Press reports Thursday, Oct. 14, 2010. Patrick Giblin, spokesman at Brubeck's alma mater, University of the Pacific in California, says Brubeck's doctors expect him to be ready to resume concert touring in November. (AP Photo/Richard Drew, File)
The family days of winter
Wintertime can be a challenging time for keeping children active and staying mentally and physically fit. Many people are less motivated to go outside and some people, children included, suffer from "winter blues," making it even more imperative to kContinued ...
Husband's fears endangers marriage
"I don't know why she's unhappy. I work hard. I maintain the house. I help out with the kids. I do everything a husband is supposed to do. I can't be romantic all the time, I've got things on my mind." These are the words of a man who has come with hContinued ...
Circuit breaker could save tax-paying senior $1,030
If you are a senior homeowner, or renter, you may be eligible for the 2014 Massachusetts "circuit breaker" tax credit. The program is for those aged 65 or older, whose property taxes (or 25 percent of rent) exceed 10 percent of their annual income. AContinued ...
- Might need month to force flowers for marriage ceremony
- Heart attack spurs man to change lifestyle
- Woman seeks to shed shell of her former self
- Thursday, March 6, 2014
- Author to read from Gloucester-inspired novel
- From Bourbon Street to Wallis Street
- Experience Golden Age of Ireland in music
- Tunes on the Town
- Reading obituaries may comfort a lonely heart
- Czech immigrant's paintings of Cape Ann showcased
- Wednesday, March 5, 2014
- Smoked fish lends big flavor to a light soup
- The family days of winter