FILE - In this July 12, 2007 file photo, jazz legend Dave Brubeck rehearses at Sirius Satellite Radio studios in New York. A spokesman for Brubeck says the jazz pianist is doing well after surgery at a Connecticut hospital to install a pacemaker, The Associated Press reports Thursday, Oct. 14, 2010. Patrick Giblin, spokesman at Brubeck's alma mater, University of the Pacific in California, says Brubeck's doctors expect him to be ready to resume concert touring in November. (AP Photo/Richard Drew, File)
On the occasion of the 70th birthday of a local punk rock icon, Governor Deval Patrick issued a citation to acknowledge the Bay State rocker affectionately known as Willie "Loco" Alexander. But that was just the beginning of a surprise birthday basContinued ...
Producer getting local double screening
Films by Gloucester's Sarah Green, an Oscar-nominated producer, are now showing both in her hometown and at a nearby cineplex. In an interview this week, Green talked about her latest effort, "Mud," now screening at AMC Loews in Danvers, starring MatContinued ...
Around Cape Ann: SeARTS kicks off Bass Rocks partnership
The Society for the Encouragement of the Arts Cape Ann has announced its sixth year in partnership with Bass Rocks Golf Club for its annual Art Loan Program. This year's show presents works by 18 regional artists at its opening reception next WednesContinued ...
- Anastas' 'Walker' shows relevance of history
- Tibet peace tour stops in Rockport
- Money to keep kids from smoking is no bribe
- Wednesday, May 22, 2013
- Red, blue berries add patriotic color to cheesecake
- Jalapeno heat cooler: Amber lager a great match for nachos
- What's cookin' next week in taste of the times
- Gender reassignment involves more than a lifestyle change
- A gourmet meal for summer visitors
- Crunchy crumb crust tops strawberry rhubarb pie
- Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Romance that lost its spark is unlikely to catch fire again
- Celebrating Willie