FILE - In this Feb. 25, 1981 file photo, Country singer George Jones poses with the Grammy he won for best male country vocal performance of "He Stopped Loving Her Today", at the awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York. Jones, the peerless, hard-living country singer who recorded dozens of hits about good times and regrets and peaked with the heartbreaking classic "He Stopped Loving Her Today," has died. He was 81. Jones died Friday, April 26, 2013 at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville after being hospitalized with fever and irregular blood pressure, according to his publicist Kirt Webster. (AP Photo, file)
Of wooden boats and iron men
Paul Ciaramitaro grew up working on the Gloucester waterfront, in a family where money was hard to come by. His hard-knock life has been marked at various periods by the back-breaking work of both fishing and working on the wharves, by addiction -- nContinued ...
Play tourist with these school vacation activities
Several groups offer both indoor and outdoor activities for students over school vacation week. The nonprofit Trustees of Reservations is hosting a series of family-friendly programs at their Cape Ann properties, as are the Halibut Point State Park aContinued ...
Anderson brings Yes songs to Rockport
Singer-songwriter Jon Anderson, former lead vocalist with the British rock band Yes, will perform at 7 tonight, April 17, at the Shalin Liu Performance Center in Rockport as part of his United States tour. The show promises to deliver a lively mixturContinued ...
- Comedian Paula Poundstone back on North Shore
- Father of four is selfish to put his health at risk
- Art Week Boston spreads to Lowell
- Tunes on the Town
- Wednesday, April 16, 2014
- Craft beer reaches for the skies on US airlines
- The bitters truth
- Sweet pairings for grown-up Easter treats
- A quick coconut dessert perfect for Easter meal's end
- A light and airy dessert from America's past
- Cellphone snoop discovers boyfriend is cheating
- Of wooden boats and iron men