There are a few tips you will see in this video with Kelly Delaney of Cakes For Occasions that make the basket weave cake, above, not only possible but fairly easy. After putting a rough layer of frosting on the cake, use a No. 48 basket weave tip (available in craft stores) to put an even number of vertical lines up the side of the cake (Note: You need an even number so the weaves will mesh.), below. Then you will "cross the T" on every other vertical line until you work your way around and down the cake. The borders will be smaller on top and larger on the bottom. You can decorate any number of cakes, as well as this one, by watching some of the other Cake Decorating 101 videos at http://food.gloucestertimes.com.
Girl is cruising for a bruising with daredevil antics in car
Dear Abby: What can I do about a child I see in an automobile who is hanging out the window when she passes my house? The child is around 4 years old. Today when I saw the little girl, the only parts of her in the car were her lower legs and feet. HeContinued ...
Pisces (Feb. 19-March 20) -- Someone you love needs your attention. Adjust your priorities to put your domestic responsibilities first. The way you feel and the way you are treated will improve as a result. Aries (March 21-April 19) -- Stay on trackContinued ...
Gloucester, Rockport school lunch menus
Week of March 10-14 GLOUCESTER Elementary schools Monday -- Chicken nuggets, brown rice, Mexican corn Tuesday -- Five-inch round pizza, seasoned peas Wednesday -- Barbeque chicken, rice pilaf, carrot coins Thursday -- Meatball sub on whole wheat rollContinued ...
- The family days of winter
- Husband's fears endangers marriage
- Circuit breaker could save tax-paying senior $1,030
- Might need month to force flowers for marriage ceremony
- Heart attack spurs man to change lifestyle
- Woman seeks to shed shell of her former self
- Thursday, March 6, 2014
- Author to read from Gloucester-inspired novel
- From Bourbon Street to Wallis Street
- Experience Golden Age of Ireland in music
- Tunes on the Town
- Reading obituaries may comfort a lonely heart
- Girl is cruising for a bruising with daredevil antics in car