There are a few tips you will see in this video with Kelly Delaney of Cakes For Occasions that make the basket weave cake, above, not only possible but fairly easy. After putting a rough layer of frosting on the cake, use a No. 48 basket weave tip (available in craft stores) to put an even number of vertical lines up the side of the cake (Note: You need an even number so the weaves will mesh.), below. Then you will "cross the T" on every other vertical line until you work your way around and down the cake. The borders will be smaller on top and larger on the bottom. You can decorate any number of cakes, as well as this one, by watching some of the other Cake Decorating 101 videos at http://food.gloucestertimes.com.
Dear Abby: Dating scene is frustrating for strong young woman
Dear Readers: On April 11, I printed a letter from "Wondering in Washington," a man asking why young men in general today have the attitude that "any money I earn is mine" in a marriage or live-in situation. He said when he married, he and his wife cContinued ...
Cancer (June 21-July 22) -- You'll face opposition if you voice your opinion. There is someone in your circle who may have some helpful advice. Listen to it, but make choices based on your needs. Leo (July 23-Aug. 22) -- Social media or a vocationalContinued ...
Film, TV legend James Garner dies
NEW YORK -- Few actors could register disbelief, exasperation or annoyance with more comic subtlety. James Garner had a way of widening his eyes while the corner of his mouth sagged ever so slightly. Maybe he would swallow once to further make his poContinued ...
- Dating scene is frustrating for strong young woman
- Saturday, July 19, 2014
- Teen's homebody parents prefer to lead a quiet life
- Friday, July 18, 2014
- 6 strategies to help your child build self-advocacy skills
- Transistors, Lucite, and Bikini Barbie: beach days bring back memories
- Marshal children as force for fighting invasive Japanese beetles
- Vacationing with teens
- Tech goodies to bring along on trips
- 5 money saving tips for exchanging currency
- Son decides life on the open road isn't for him
- Dear Abby: Dating scene is frustrating for strong young woman