In a jam? It's time to think outside the PB&J
It was probably 15 years ago that I discovered the magic that is a nearly empty jar of jam. Until then, I'd always hated those sticky knuckle moments of scraping the slimy dregs of the jar, hoping I had enough to add that sweet balance so needed by tContinued ...
Sweet condiment strutting their savory side
When Chicago chef Gregory Ellis makes a pork belly sandwich, he doesn't stop at the belly. In addition to a fried egg and kumquat chow-chow, he adds a mystery ingredient -- bacon jam. "People don't know what to expect," says Ellis, chef at the breakfContinued ...
Dear Abby: Dating scene is frustrating for strong young woman
Dear Abby: My granddaughter "Cindy," age 2, was being watched by her mommy's ex-sister-in-law and her sons. Cindy went to her mommy and said, "Bubby hurt me." Bubby is what she calls her 10-year-old cousin. Her mother called the police. A policeman sContinued ...
- Players needed for community concert
- Tuesday, July 22, 2014
- Dear Abby: Dating scene is frustrating for strong young woman
- Monday, July 21, 2014
- Film, TV legend James Garner dies
- Dating scene is frustrating for strong young woman
- Saturday, July 19, 2014
- Teen's homebody parents prefer to lead a quiet life
- Friday, July 18, 2014
- 6 strategies to help your child build self-advocacy skills
- Transistors, Lucite, and Bikini Barbie: beach days bring back memories
- In a jam? It's time to think outside the PB&J