- Friday, July 18, 2014
6 strategies to help your child build self-advocacy skills
As tweens enter middle school they are expected to manage increased responsibility and independence. Included in this set of expectations is their ability to self-advocate. Self-advocacy refers to an individual's ability to effectively communicate, cContinued ...
Transistors, Lucite, and Bikini Barbie: beach days bring back memories
July is a month for fun. Beaches, fireworks, ice cream … and maybe a bit of vacation reminiscing about how things used to be ... For Baby Boomers, the generation born between 1946 and 1964, it only takes a few reminders to see just how far we've allContinued ...
Marshal children as force for fighting invasive Japanese beetles
Q: Japanese beetles have returned with all this hot weather. How can I get rid of them without killing all the good bugs, like the bees and other pollinators? I particularly want to save the roses. A: Your garden is full of Japanese beetles now. TheyContinued ...
- Vacationing with teens
- Tech goodies to bring along on trips
- 5 money saving tips for exchanging currency
- Son decides life on the open road isn't for him
- Thursday, July 17, 2014
- Blues legend Johnny Winter dies at 70
- Meeting 'The Little Mermaid'
- Rockport Art Association hosting Wayne Morrell Retrospective
- Hammond Castle offering tours by candlelight
- Block Party hosts a birthday party
- Dances look at draw of books, animals
- Berry's back giving Cape Ann concert
- Old Sloop Fair auction this weekend