MANCHESTER — A National Grid gas company employee was transported from Washington Street to Beverly Hospital after he received an electric shock while digging a hole working on an underground utility project Friday about 4:24 p.m., according to police.
Police notified the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration of the incident.
The incident was reported just three minutes after the gas company called police to report a power outage on Washington Street, according to police. But officials could not confirm whether the incidents were related.
Police said an “elderly” Bennett Street woman reported a telephone-based scam Saturday about 1:32 p.m.
According to police, the woman reported that a person called her house and said she had won a sum of money, but would have to first send the person a smaller amount of money in order to retrieve her winnings.
Officers advised the woman to hang up if she received another similar call.
Police are investigating reports of cracked eggs splashed on vehicles and a home over the weekend. Police said they received three separate reports of damage resulting from “egging.”
Two vehicle owners — one whose car was parked on Summer Street, another whose car was parked on Union Street, filed police reports regarding damage early Sunday morning.
A Windemere Park Extension homeowner returned from a weekend vacation Monday to find egg residue on their house and filed a report with police as well.
Police said a Beach Street man with a “severe” nosebleed was transported by Fire Department ambulance crews to Beverly Hospital Friday about 6:09 p.m. A Forester Road man was also transported to Beverly Hospital by ambulance after breaking his ankle Saturday about 5:18 p.m., according to police.
Marjorie Nesin can be reached at 978-283-7000, x3451, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.