Firefighters extinguished a Quarry Street fire that caused under $20,000 in property damage Wednesday.
According to the report, firefighters responded to the fire on 57 Quarry St. at 4:32 a.m. Deputy fire chief Steve Aiello said the fire started in the chimney which had become clogged, then moved to the clapboard siding. He said the effort was “very time-consuming” because the fire was within the walls of the house. Nobody was injured, however, and the family was able to stay in the home.
Records show the house is three stories and the property is valued at $637,300. “It burned through the wall and the area around the fireplace, but it was contained pretty much to the exterior and the fireplace around the chimney,” he said.