Hi, Lucy Liu here, to remind you that there’s a Dog Parade, hosted by Cape Ann Animal Aid (CAAA) at Rockport Harvestfest today! Registration begins at 11 a.m. at the CAAA booth in Harvey Park. Parade begins at 11:30 a.m. and finishes at the end of Bearskin Neck. Friendly, vaccinated dogs are welcome to dress in costume and compete for Best of Harvestfest, Most Creative, Darned Cutest, and Cape “Annliest” — awarded by judges from Gloucester’s TD Bank and www.OvaTheBridge.com. All participating dogs will receive a ribbon and goodie bag. Registration is $10 per dog and benefits CAAA. Now about me: I’m 2, have short hair and am afraid of dogs and others cats. I hope you might stop by CAAA, located at the Christopher Cutler Rich Animal Shelter on Four Paws Lane in Gloucester, to see and then adopt me.
- Latest Cape Ann News
Displaced by fishing war
Joe Orlando still wakes up in the night, when the wind is whistling, and wonders if he should go down to the Gloucester House and make sure the Padre Pio's lines are secure. There still are days when the longtime Gloucester fisherman, as if lured byContinued ...
Cape Ann TV changes face
Erich Archer can't sleep at night, and not because there's a new baby in the house. The baby, Collin -- Archer's first with wife Tara -- arrived right around the time Archer arrived at Cape Ann TV (CATV) to step into the role of executive director. TContinued ...
Police: Duo sold heroin as children watched
A ongoing citywide investigation into drug distribution led police to two parents they say sold heroin to undercover officers from their vehicles while their children watched. Peter S. Cagney, 30, and Katherine J. Tomich, 34, each face charges of herContinued ...
- Essex Elementary bounces snacks during class
- Bill designed to curb big banks
- Tuesday, December 10, 2013
- MBTA blames latest deficit on union case
- Shoppers stroll before Santa sails in
- Man, 19, faces domestic assault charges
- Schools urged to take part in regional spelling bee
- Police/Fire: Drunk driving suspect had empty nips in purse
- Gloucester District Court: Taxi fare deadbeat ordered to pay up
- Rockport Police/Fire: Medical calls keep crews busy
- Manchester Police/Fire: Hazards reported on Route 128
- Free reiki clinic offered at AGH
- Wednesday, December 11, 2013
- City skills attract surveyors
- Displaced by fishing war