Hi, Lucy Liu here, to remind you that there’s a Dog Parade, hosted by Cape Ann Animal Aid (CAAA) at Rockport Harvestfest today! Registration begins at 11 a.m. at the CAAA booth in Harvey Park. Parade begins at 11:30 a.m. and finishes at the end of Bearskin Neck. Friendly, vaccinated dogs are welcome to dress in costume and compete for Best of Harvestfest, Most Creative, Darned Cutest, and Cape “Annliest” — awarded by judges from Gloucester’s TD Bank and www.OvaTheBridge.com. All participating dogs will receive a ribbon and goodie bag. Registration is $10 per dog and benefits CAAA. Now about me: I’m 2, have short hair and am afraid of dogs and others cats. I hope you might stop by CAAA, located at the Christopher Cutler Rich Animal Shelter on Four Paws Lane in Gloucester, to see and then adopt me.
- Latest Cape Ann News
Businesses, city eye options on bridge
Gloucester residents and businesses, especially those on the west side of "The Cut" waterway, are weighing their options and pushing for solutions now that new weight limits have placed the Blynman Bridge off-limits to fire trucks, buses and a numberContinued ...
Docksiders swing into reunion mode
It's the final class period of the day at Gloucester High School, and 25 students file into the auditorium. On the surface, they seem like typical high-schoolers, carrying a pile of books and joking with each other. But fast forward about 10 minutesContinued ...
Ice cream time
The calendar hasn't yet turned to spring, but there are sure signs of it popping all over. That includes at Down River Ice Cream in Essex, where Amy and Joe Ahearn were busy Tuesday morning crafting a batch of their caramel-flavored Salty "C" ice creContinued ...
- Maine man gets 4 years in local abuse case
- Gloucester Police/Fire: Man facing charges over abuse order
- Cape Ann students advance in DECA events
- Rockport Police/Fire: More golf carts found damaged in Rockport:
- Manchester Police/Fire: City man nabbed on warrant
- Fishtown Theatre troupe reaches out
- Essex Police/Fire: Beverly woman faces Essex pot charges
- Tuesday, March 11, 2014
- Blynman Bridge weights snag city
- Wait goes on for NOAA grants
- Winning cards
- Manchester Calendar
- Gloucester Police/Fire: Women face charges in separate assaults
- Businesses, city eye options on bridge