Hi, Lucy Liu here, to remind you that there’s a Dog Parade, hosted by Cape Ann Animal Aid (CAAA) at Rockport Harvestfest today! Registration begins at 11 a.m. at the CAAA booth in Harvey Park. Parade begins at 11:30 a.m. and finishes at the end of Bearskin Neck. Friendly, vaccinated dogs are welcome to dress in costume and compete for Best of Harvestfest, Most Creative, Darned Cutest, and Cape “Annliest” — awarded by judges from Gloucester’s TD Bank and www.OvaTheBridge.com. All participating dogs will receive a ribbon and goodie bag. Registration is $10 per dog and benefits CAAA. Now about me: I’m 2, have short hair and am afraid of dogs and others cats. I hope you might stop by CAAA, located at the Christopher Cutler Rich Animal Shelter on Four Paws Lane in Gloucester, to see and then adopt me.
- Latest Cape Ann News
Crossing cultural seafood lines
As lunches go, this one had a particularly international flavor, even if it was served at the offices of the Gloucester Fishermen's Wives Association, tucked away in a little corner of the Blackburn Industrial Park. The hostess and chef was Angela SaContinued ...
Health Project lands $120K to grow its services
The North Shore Health Project in Gloucester is poised to expand its services for clients through a $120,000 earmark included in the fiscal 2015 state budget. The health project, based on Center Street in Gloucester, has been serving clients with AIDContinued ...
Letter: Imagine life without these 'liberal' concepts
To the editor: In an effort to refute the current crop of conservative writers to the Times and their obsession with conservatism (Webster's defines conservatism: "tending or disposed to maintain existing views, conditions or institutions"), I went tContinued ...
- Gloucester District Court: City man gets suspended term in auto case
- Gloucester Police/Fire: Dale Avenue pedestrian struck, hurt
- Letter: Current plan a terrible fit for Tool Co. site
- Manchester detectives aid Beverly drug bust
- Kayaker with a cause
- Wolf Hollow owner wants to let wolves tale lie
- MB board denies lone bid is Arthur T's
- Monday, July 28, 2014
- Gloucester District Court: Woman gets jail time for assault on officer
- Towns' police: Noise from boat draws Essex police response
- Extended Marine Forecast
- Tuesday, July 29, 2014
- Arthur T's offer only one before Market Basket board
- Crossing cultural seafood lines