Allegra Boverman/Gloucester Daily Times. The children's entrance to the Manchester Public Library is being redone to also be handicapped accessible.
- Latest Cape Ann News
WWII, Korea vet recalls war's losses
Francis Bruni is among the few remaining World War II veterans who escaped unharmed from a sinking destroyer damaged by a kamikaze pilot during the Battle of Okinawa on June 10, 1945, some two months before the end of the war. "I didn't even get my fContinued ...
Spring tournaments will feature plenty of local contenders
Well, folks, it's tourney time again. And with that, as always, comes the uncertainty of another postseason. There are plenty of local teams that have established themselves atop their brackets with others sitting in the middle of the pack and even tContinued ...
Cape Ann's Memorial Day — 2013
When it comes to service to one's country, all veterans stand in one circle. In the case of Cape Ann's Memorial Day services Monday morning, there will be a blending of all sorts of ceremonies, with a special Gloucester focus this Monday holiday onContinued ...
- Revisiting one Fuller class's past
- City, town road funds await governor's OK
- My View: Giving meaning to those who gave their all
- Town Talk: Manchester poised for new chapter
- Manchester Police/Fire: Salem man faces Manchester DUI charge
- Rockport Police/Fire: Residential alarm proves false
- Essex Police/Fire:
- Scam calls for security service reach Essex
- Pet of the week
- Rockport Ramblings: Beard benefit targets students' music trip:
- Friday, May 24, 2013
- North Shore Community College graduation
- Businesses eager for summer season
- WWII, Korea vet recalls war's losses