MANCHESTER — A staple in the Police Department lobby caused quite a stir Thursday night.
At 5 p.m., police reported the Coke machine had short-circuited, casing a small fire — and significant smoke — to spew from the soda vending machine.
Police notified the Fire Department and the repair company for the machine.
The brief fire was soon extinguished, and the company got the machine in working order.
A 11:17 a.m. Thursday, a motorist reported sheet metal lying on Route 128 northbound, between School Street and the Gloucester city line. Police searched the area but could not find any sheet metal.
Police and firefighters responded to The Plains when residents reported smelling gas in their home. Firefighters said the readings were normal when they responded at 11:39 a.m. on Thursday.
James Niedzinski can be reached at 978-283-7000 x3455 or firstname.lastname@example.org.