Hello, my name is Sally. I am a sweetie who loves sweets (you can see I am a little heavy). The nice people at Cape Ann Animal Aid (CAAA) are trying to get me trim in time for bathing suit weather by cutting back on the number of snacks I may have! The CAAA is located at the Christopher Cutler Rich Animal Shelter, Four Paws Lane in Gloucester. I can’t say enough about the wonderful staff and volunteers. They helped me with a big problem; I had difficulty using my litter box, and it turns out I had an infection. The vet treated me and I am all better and have been using my litter box ever since. I think I would do best with low-fat snacks, no treadmill and being the only cat in my new home!
- Latest Cape Ann News
Turning up the spotlight on tuna
A year ago, the Bluefin Blowout tuna fishing tournament went all the way through two full days of fishing by 45 boats without landing one giant bluefin on the docks at Cape Ann's Marina. Not so this year. Less than a full day into Friday's first dayContinued ...
Market impact affecting food pantries
The Market Basket protests outside the company's headquarters and stores like Gloucester's, combined with the stores' often-empty shelves, are steering a vast majority of the grocery chain's regular customers elsewhere. But not all are -- or can affoContinued ...
'Peter Pan' takes flight in Annisquam
More than a century ago, a Scottish dramatist penned a story that never seems to get old. In fact, that is the point of the tale of Peter Pan, the boy who won't grow up. Add to that his adventures in Neverland, and the story only gets more colorful.Continued ...
- Gloucester Police/Fire: Police probe break-ins, thefts from boats at yacht club
- City man indicted in knife, kidnapping case
- Locally led tagging study yields new data on bigeye
- Letter: A few 'liberal gifts' omitted by writer
- Talk of the Times: City, Cape Ann bid farewells to Tina and Ab
- 100 reasons to celebrate
- Rockport Ramblings: Acoustic fest, drum circle on schedule
- Town Talk: Town nurse warns of mosquito viruses
- Gloucester District Court: Lynn man indicted on multiple Gloucester charges
- Towns' Police/Fire: Essex police nab youth in cone caper
- US job growth eases but tops 200K for a 6th month
- Be direct in dealing with workplace issues
- Turning up the spotlight on tuna