By James Niedzinski
---- — MANCHESTER — A chimney fire at a School Street residence was quickly extinguished Monday around 9:30 p.m.
Firefighters said there was no significant damage to the house.
On Tuesday, just after 7 a.m., police notified National Grid after a transformer began sparking near Old Essex Road and Millets Lane. Utility crews responded to the scene.
Police responded to a report of a car fire on School Street near the Essex town line on Monday at 10:45 a.m., but could not find anything when they arrived.
At 9:20 p.m. on Monday, a Crooked Lane resident was transported to Beverly Hospital.
At 7 a.m. on Tuesday, a Walker Road resident was transported to Beverly Hospital.
James Niedzinski can be reached at 978-283-7000, x 3455 or at email@example.com.