GloucesterTimes.com, Gloucester, MA

January 30, 2013

Manchester Police/Fire: Firefighters quell chimney blaze

Manchester Police/Fire

By James Niedzinski
Staff Writer

---- — MANCHESTER — A chimney fire at a School Street residence was quickly extinguished Monday around 9:30 p.m.

Firefighters said there was no significant damage to the house.

On Tuesday, just after 7 a.m., police notified National Grid after a transformer began sparking near Old Essex Road and Millets Lane. Utility crews responded to the scene.

Police responded to a report of a car fire on School Street near the Essex town line on Monday at 10:45 a.m., but could not find anything when they arrived.

At 9:20 p.m. on Monday, a Crooked Lane resident was transported to Beverly Hospital.

At 7 a.m. on Tuesday, a Walker Road resident was transported to Beverly Hospital.

James Niedzinski can be reached at 978-283-7000, x 3455 or at jniedzinski@gloucestertimes.com.