By James Niedzinski
---- — ROCKPORT — A chimney fire brought firefighters and police to Pigeon Hill Road on Thursday night.
The report of fire was called in at 9:17 p.m.
Firefighters helped the resident get the fire under control.
Police said there were no reported injuries and that fire caused no major damage.
A Granite Street resident reported a “No Parking” sign was stolen from his yard at 3:31 p.m. Thursday.
An off-duty police officer, on his way into work, called to report a vehicle broken down on Main Street at 4:32 p.m. Thursday. On-duty officers soon helped the motorist.
At 11:18 a.m. Thursday, a Railroad Avenue resident was transported to Addison Gilbert Hospital in Gloucester.
At 10:34 a.m. Friday, a Marmion Way resident was transported to Addison Gilbert Hospital.
James Niedzinski can be reached at 978-283-7000 x 3455 or email@example.com.