The Cape Ann YMCA Youth in Government students Kaiti Maddox, Erika French, Curtis Brauner, Yishai Barth, Thomas Mortillaro, Peter Murray and Connor Hawkins met at Springfield College recently with other groups. Youth in Government uses the YMCA core values of "Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility" to teach teens in grades 9-12 how they can participate in the democratic process. Participants have opportunities to develop skills, make friends and learn how they can make a difference. The program culminates in March with a three-day mock-government immersion program at the Massachusetts State House.
- Latest Cape Ann News
Gloucester senator: Recoup benefits from terrorists
BOSTON (AP) — A Republican lawmaker is pushing for a law allowing Massachusetts to recoup public benefits given to anyone later convicted of using of a weapon of mass destruction. Senate Minority Leader Bruce Tarr of Gloucester is offering the propoContinued ...
Lawsuit challenges hotel approvals
Vincent and Gino Mortillaro, who own and operate a lobster company across Commercial Street from the site of the planned Beauport Gloucester hotel, have filed suit against the city in Lawrence Superior Court in an effort to halt the project, allegingContinued ...
Pitbull heroin case still on hold
Five months have passed since a 27-year-old Gloucester man was first charged with animal cruelty for cutting open and then discarding his pet pit bull Xena, reportedly in an effort to retrieve a package of heroin the dog had ingested. Yet, John "JackContinued ...
- Candidates talk bags, liabilities, priorities
- Talk of the Times: St. John's Church celebrates 150th anniversary
- Rockport Ramblings: My Place hosting Monday fireworks benefit
- Town Talk: Music at Crowell Chapel
- Saluting our seniors' four-year adventure
- Salute to Seniors -- Gloucester High School
- Salute to Senior -- Manchester Essex Regional
- Salute to Seniors -- Rockport
- Essex Agricultural and Technical High School At-A-Glance
- North Shore Technical High School At-A-Glance
- St. john's preparatory school
- Update: Victim in LePage Lane incident ID'd as Danvers man
- Gloucester senator: Recoup benefits from terrorists