By James Niedzinski
---- — ROCKPORT — Police and firefighters were dispatched to a School Street residence after a chimney fire was reported Sunday at 6:40 p.m.
Police said no injuries were reported and that there was minimal damage to the house itself.
Shortly after at 8:40 p.m. Friday, firefighters were dispatched to Cumberland Farms on Railroad Avenue. An employee reported smelling a strange odor, believing it to be an electrical fire.
At 1 p.m. Friday, a Broadway resident call to say somebody had walked into his house, thinking it was a church. The visitor was taken to the police station, and later transported to Addison Gilbert Hospital in Gloucester, when the person reported not feeling well.
A male Broadway resident was transported to Addison Gilbert Hospital at 2:30 p.m. Friday.
On Saturday at 10:30 p.m., a Wallace Road resident called to report items missing from his house. The incident is under investigation by police.
At 10 Saturday morning, police assisted a Sandy Bay Estate resident by helping her off her bed.
There was a domestic dispute Saturday on Marmion Way; people were having a verbal argument. Police helped resolve the issue at 1 p.m.
At 6:42 Saturday morning, a female Granite Street resident was transported to Addison Gilbert Hospital.
A Penzance Road resident was taken to Beverly Hospital at 1:15 p.m. Saturday.
At 9 a.m. Monday, a male Parker Street resident was taken to Addison Gilbert Hospital.
At 1:40 p.m. Sunday, a woman was spotted taking rocks from Back Beach, which is against the law. She was ordered to return them.
James Niedzinski can be reached at 978-283-7000 x3455 or firstname.lastname@example.org.