This a photograph of Gloucester's Riverdale baseball team, circa 1952, submitted by Clark Dexter of Bennet Street in Gloucester. Pictured are, front, from left, Steve Dexter, Dick Anderson and Donald Ross; and, rear, from left, George Patience, Clark Dexter, Paul Dexter, Clint Kerr, Skip Ross. Standing behind them is coach Nate Ross.
- Latest Cape Ann News
Mandela, and lessons of foreign policy
To the editor: Watching the American news coverage of the passing of Nelson Mandela is a disturbing lesson in the ways in which our media collude against history to paint a rose-colored, feel-good version of historical and political reality that distContinued ...
RI backs Bay State fishing suit
Rhode Island is looking to help two of its New England coastal neighbors in the lawsuit to force the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to reverse regulations that have resulted in stinging cuts in groundfish catch limits and order the fContinued ...
Decision on West Parish school shift due tomorrow
The School Committee will decide Wednesday night once and for all where to place West Parish pupils during a $30 million rebuild of the elementary school, and though the meeting includes no opportunity for the public to comment, committee members vowContinued ...
- 'Mrs. Claus' accepts local firefighter's proposal
- ME school district avoiding override
- MBTA blames latest deficit on union case
- Shoppers stroll before Santa sails in
- Man, 19, faces domestic assault charges
- 'I was doing my fair share'
- Manchester Police/Fire: Police provide Gloucester men with lifts home
- Rockport Police/Fire: Police free owl
- Essex Police/Fire: Peabody man arrested after incident in Essex
- Today in History
- Monday, December 9, 2013
- NOAA's draft rules on tuna draw fire
- Mandela, and lessons of foreign policy