Chi Kung (also spelled “Qi Gong”) is an ancient Chinese art practiced for health and spiritual wellbeing. “Chi” means living energy and “Kung” means skill or method. Chi Kung is the practice of cultivating the body’s vital energy through movement and meditation.According to Chi Kung instructor Eli Jacobe, who has been practicing Chi Kung since 1982 and has made many trips to China for training, the benefits of Chi Kung include better health and vitality, increased energy and mental alertness, lower stress, better sleep and a sense of balance in life and relationships.Jacob offers two classes a week: Wednesday evenings from 7 to 8, and Thursday mornings from 9 to 10. People interested in trying Chi Kung can contact Jacobe at his business, Atlantic Acupuncture, at 2 Magnolia Avenue in Gloucester, or by calling (978) 525-2255.
- Latest Cape Ann News
Townhouses pegged for Mansfield site
Nearly 21/2 years after a fire destroyed two aging buildings at the corner of Washington and Mansfield streets, the owner has gotten the green light from the city to build six new townhouses over the combined site in an estimated $1.3 million projectContinued ...
Lawmakers target bill at 'upskirt' ruling
BOSTON -- The Massachusetts House and Senate moved quickly to outlaw "upskirting" a day after the state's Supreme Judicial Court said perpetrators caught taking photos or video underneath a person's clothes without their knowledge could not be prosecContinued ...
"Peter Pan" played to his peers Friday and drew rave reviews. The musical presented by the fifth-grade class at East Gloucester School, which performed the two-act production last Sunday and Monday night, enthralled the actors' fellow students yesterContinued ...
- Rockport eyes $350K override for schools
- Governor closes door on 'upskirt' window
- Accidents sends three to AGH
- Friday, March 7, 2014
- Free screenings for lung cancer
- Rockport Ramblings: Hypnotist making Rockport school visit:
- Friday, March 7, 2014
- Essex Police/Fire: Essex police probe theft from home
- Manchester Police/Fire: Route 128 crash sends one to hospital
- Gloucester Police/Fire: Car breaks continue at Wingaersheek
- Rockport Police/Fire
- Town Talk: Drop and Shop drop-offs
- Essex Police/Fire: Dog calls keep Essex officers busy
- Manchester Police/Fire: Loose dogs draw police calls
- Townhouses pegged for Mansfield site