Chi Kung (also spelled “Qi Gong”) is an ancient Chinese art practiced for health and spiritual wellbeing. “Chi” means living energy and “Kung” means skill or method. Chi Kung is the practice of cultivating the body’s vital energy through movement and meditation.According to Chi Kung instructor Eli Jacobe, who has been practicing Chi Kung since 1982 and has made many trips to China for training, the benefits of Chi Kung include better health and vitality, increased energy and mental alertness, lower stress, better sleep and a sense of balance in life and relationships.Jacob offers two classes a week: Wednesday evenings from 7 to 8, and Thursday mornings from 9 to 10. People interested in trying Chi Kung can contact Jacobe at his business, Atlantic Acupuncture, at 2 Magnolia Avenue in Gloucester, or by calling (978) 525-2255.
- Latest Cape Ann News
Domestic clash tied to death at LePage
The District Attorney's office remained silent Tuesday about the ongoing investigation into a death outside a building in the Pond View Apartments complex over the weekend, and police have yet to make an arrest. But a neighbor and witness who heard aContinued ...
Court error sparked reduced kid porn sentence
The sentences handed down to a Gloucester woman and her boyfriend for sexually abusing the woman's 8-year-old daughter, were reduced as the result of new trials, with the former verdicts thrown out and each defendant still pleading guilty but with leContinued ...
Hoff, Boling win Manchester board seats
MANCHESTER -- Two first-time political candidates -- Robert Hoff, Jr., and Eli Boling -- earned seats on Manchester's Board of Selectmen last night, beating out veteran School Committee member Ann Harrison to take the slots vacated by current board mContinued ...
- GHS carpentry elective builds student excitement
- Manchester pushes back start of bag ban
- Salem State planning new Holocaust center
- Gloucester Police/Fire: Rockport man faces city DUI charge
- Rockport Police/Fire: Drivers unhurt in accident
- Manchester Police/Fire: Salem woman charged on warrant
- Essex Police/Fire: Firearms turned into police
- Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Hoff, Boling win Manchester board seats
- Rockport Police/Fire:Teen beach party broken up
- Haverhill driver targeted in probe
- Mom: Victim was hard-working, caring
- Remembering the Korean War
- Domestic clash tied to death at LePage