, Gloucester, MA

June 18, 2013

Rockport Police/Fire: Woman faces assault charges

Rockport Police/Fire

By James Niedzinski
Staff Writer

---- — ROCKPORT — A 32-year-old Jerden’s Lane woman was arrested on multiple charges Sunday after police responded to a report of an intoxicated woman on Pigeon Hill Street.

Police said Lindsay Polisson was found lying in the middle of the road just before 2 a.m. When asked if she needed medical attention, she refused and became combative, police said.

Polisson is charged with disorderly conduct, disturbing the peace, resisting arrest and two counts of assault and battery of a police officer.

In other news taken from the police logs:

A Squam Hill Road woman reported Monday at 7:30 a.m. that her chickens and roosters were killed overnight. Police said it appears another animal had broken into the cage and attacked them.

Saturday at 7:42 p.m., a boat ran aground on Long Beach. The Rockport Harbormasters said the boat was safely carried back out to the ocean by the incoming tide, as planned.

Officers responded to a domestic disturbance on Long Beach Saturday around 1:30 p.m. Police said it was a verbal argument.

After receiving a noise complaint, police told a large group of people outside of a Granite Street resident to go indoors around 3 p.m. Saturday.

Friday at 2:30 p.m., vandalism at a White Way residence was reported. A rope used to secure a dog was cut into pieces.

Police responded to the sounds of gunshots on Thatcher Road around 10 a.m. Officers said the area was quiet when they arrived.

A hit and run accident on Marmion Way was reported Saturday at 1:15 p.m. Police said pedestrians were walking when they were hit by a mirror on a passing truck; the truck driver told police he did not realize it had happened.

Police said there were no citations or injuries.

The Forest Fire Department was dispatched to a Normanstone Drive residence to pump out a flooded basement Friday around 12:30 p.m.

Sunday at 2:46 p.m., police received a report of a bus running for more than one hour on Granite Street. Police said the bus was moving when they arrived.

James Niedzinski can be reached at 978-283-7000 x3455 or