This pair of file photos shows Stephen "The Rifleman" Flemmi, left, on Sept. 22, 2008, as he testified in a Miami court in the murder trial of former FBI agent John Connolly; and James "Whitey" Bulger, right, in a June 23, 2011 booking photo provided by the U.S. Marshals Service. Flemmi, Bulger's alleged former partner serving a life sentence after pleading guilty to 10 killings, is expected to testify in Bulger's trial Thursday, July 18, 2013 in federal court in Boston. Bulger, now 83, is accused in a 32-count racketeering indictment and in playing a role in 19 killings in the 1970s and '80s while he allegedly led the Winter Hill Gang in Boston. (AP Photos/J. Pat Carter and U.S. Marshals Service, File)
- Latest Cape Ann News
AGs warn Market Basket on labor laws
The attorneys general of Massachusetts and New Hampshire wrote a letter Thursday warning Market Basket's top leadership that they must comply with both states' laws labor laws when terminating employees, essentially putting the company on notice thatContinued ...
Market impact affecting food pantries
The Market Basket protests outside the company's headquarters and stores like Gloucester's, combined with the stores' often-empty shelves, are steering a vast majority of the grocery chain's regular customers elsewhere. But not all are -- or can affoContinued ...
City carrying out dam repairs at Babson
The city has embarked on a project to bring $2.4 million worth of repairs to the dam at Babson Reservoir, one of the city's drinking water supplies. The dam repairs, expected to be completed by the fall, are the latest in a series of repairs plannedContinued ...
- Pathways keeps kids on road to success
- Sales tax 'holiday' finally set Aug. 16-17
- Environmentalists: Mercury bill falls short of need
- Gloucester Police/Fire: City man arrested after pair of alleged assaults
- Towns' police/fire: Dirt-bike riders who fled police cited in Essex
- Demolition of Salem Harbor Station begins
- Extended Marine Forecast
- Thursday, July 31, 2014
- Update: Sox deal Lackey to Cards; Lester, Gomes go to Oakland
- Emptiness dominates Gloucester store
- Market Basket touts job fair for replacements
- Tax query on fishing aid gets no answers
- Dredging tops list of Millbrook needs
- AGs warn Market Basket on labor laws