This pair of file photos shows Stephen "The Rifleman" Flemmi, left, on Sept. 22, 2008, as he testified in a Miami court in the murder trial of former FBI agent John Connolly; and James "Whitey" Bulger, right, in a June 23, 2011 booking photo provided by the U.S. Marshals Service. Flemmi, Bulger's alleged former partner serving a life sentence after pleading guilty to 10 killings, is expected to testify in Bulger's trial Thursday, July 18, 2013 in federal court in Boston. Bulger, now 83, is accused in a 32-count racketeering indictment and in playing a role in 19 killings in the 1970s and '80s while he allegedly led the Winter Hill Gang in Boston. (AP Photos/J. Pat Carter and U.S. Marshals Service, File)
- Latest Cape Ann News
Report spotlights fishing's fast fall
A report commissioned by the city Fisheries Commission shows that, as of a month ago, 210 commercial fishing vessels berth at docks and wharves in Gloucester's Inner Harbor and 38 percent of those utilize publicly-owned facilities. But that's not allContinued ...
Bowling against hunger
Students at Manchester's Memorial Elementary School took a hands-on approach to fighting hunger last week, with guests dining on soup from the students' hand-crafted bowls as part of a drive to raise money to fight the problem both locally and globalContinued ...
City man killed in Maine snowmobile crash
NEW PORTLAND, Maine -- Police say a Gloucester man was killed when he tried to cross a Maine road on his snowmobile and was hit by a pickup truck. The Somerset County Sheriff's Department said the accident happened around 6:15 p.m. Friday as 57-year-Continued ...
- Chamber sets showcase for plate project
- Martial arts teacher still held in grisly beating case
- BankGloucester opening Essex branch
- Friday, March 7, 2014
- Free screenings for lung cancer
- Gloucester District Court: Charges dismissed in Maplewood scuffle
- Shalin Liu hosts school chamber, choir concert
- Rockport on the agenda
- Essex on the agenda
- Manchester on the agenda
- Salem weighs private firm to run struggling school
- Prosecutor: 'Knockout' suspect claims mob ties
- Saturday, March 8, 2014
- City man killed in Maine snowmobiling accident
- Report spotlights fishing's fast fall