Warren Lanpher, left, a house preservation expert, talks about the specially reproduced six-over-six plank frame windows that are historically accurate for the Haskell House, which is being carefully restored in West Gloucester. The glass panes are handmade. At right is carpenter Jason O'Connor, who is working with him.
- Latest Cape Ann News
Beauport buys Essex Avenue parking lot
Beauport Gloucester LLC, the company building the city's first downtown hotel in the historic Fort neighborhood, has acquired a parcel of land on Essex Avenue to be used for an off-site parking lot. The purchase comes as the Beauport firm, heaContinued ...
A bar for Rockport
ROCKPORT -- While many residents and visitors can sip an alcoholic beverage in a restaurant as they indulge in a meal, those who visit the Emerson Inn by the Sea can sit at a full-service bar. This may not seem like a big deal, but for a town that haContinued ...
Councilors get earful over city dog laws
Judith Goldman, a canine behavioral consultant and Gloucester resident, made the case for giving dogs the chance to get proper exercise without being leashed. "We know that dogs need to socialize with people and other dogs," said Goldman, suggestingContinued ...
- State affirms new boundaries for city's DPA
- Pride Stride steps off Sunday for 27th time
- Half-staff flag set as tribute to late councilor
- Newell Stadium is site of Y's 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Gloucester Police/Fire: City man facing new drug charges
- Manchester/Essex Police/Fire: Manchester police pick up man on warrants
- Rockport Police/Fire
- Times holding Rockport selectmen's debate May 1
- Wednesday, April 23, 2014
- Times editor talks 'Total Access' subscriptions
- Council gets an earful on dog ordinance changes
- NOAA tightens rules on rec fishermen
- Man at fatal OD scene gets jail time
- Beauport buys Essex Avenue parking lot