A barefooted woman runs for cover as police surround a home while searching for a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings in Watertown, Mass., Friday, April 19, 2013. Two suspects in the Boston Marathon bombing killed an MIT police officer, injured a transit officer in a firefight and threw explosive devices at police during a getaway attempt in a long night of violence that left one of them dead and another still at large Friday, authorities said as the manhunt intensified for a young man described as a dangerous terrorist. (AP Photo/Charles Krupa)
- Latest Cape Ann News
Remembering Charlie Ilges
Less than 24 hours after his death, friends and relatives of a local homeless man gathered Tuesday to create a makeshift memorial to him at the site where his body was found off Maplewood Avenue. Gloucester police were called to a small lot between tContinued ...
'Lego Movie' featured in free outdoor film series tonight
From the series opener "The Wizard of Oz," to Monday night's weather-rescheduled showing of E.T., The Extra Terrestrial," the city of Gloucester's free outdoor movie series has proven to be one of this summer's entertainment hits, offering family-friContinued ...
A grand reopening
After a 10-month, $3.5 million renovation project, and four days after a gala benefit showcasing the "new" facility, the Cape Ann Museum reopened its doors to the public Tuesday, and residents and visitors alike welcomed the new look with open arms.Continued ...
- City panel drops bid to limit sites for offenders
- Manchester eyes $800L burn dump cleanup
- Art in the air in Essex
- State Police eyeing e-tickets for highway citations
- Skeleton Market Basket crew presses on
- Wednesday, August 20, 2014
- Congressional race flashpoint seen as Lynn
- A 25-year Adventure
- City seeks to clear death site
- Gloucester gets $170K grant for EMS prep
- New Essex officer covering overnight shift
- Officials see costly winter for natural gas
- Towns' Police/Fire: Rockport woman faces domestic, other charges
- Remembering Charlie Ilges