Police in tactical gear surround an apartment building while looking for a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings in Watertown, Mass., Friday, April 19, 2013. All residents of Boston were ordered to stay in their homes Friday morning as the search for the surviving suspect in the marathon bombings continued after a long night of violence that left another suspect dead. (AP Photo/Charles Krupa)
- Latest Cape Ann News
McGeary on track to lead Council
Transitioning toward the new year, city councilors are preparing not only to welcome in new members, but also to usher in other changes -- like choosing a new council president. Council President Jackie Hardy, who was unopposed in her run for re-elecContinued ...
City firefighters receiving state honors today
Gov. Deval Patrick and other state officials will pay special tribute to the winners of the 24th annual Firefighters of the Year ceremony. And eight of the more than two dozen honored firefighters are from the Gloucester Fire Department. City Fire CContinued ...
Editorial: Being responsible in clearing sidewalks
In the course of declaring Gloucester's second snow emergency and street parking ban within four days, Mayor Carolyn Kirk once again noted that any violators whose vehicles might impede snow-clearing operations might have been towed Tuesday night --Continued ...
- Firefighters' holiday cheer
- Rockport poised for Nativity pageant
- MBTA officials eye rate options
- Report: 58K Mass. residents losing job benefits
- Scouts to pick up trees in Gloucester, Rockport
- Gloucester District Court:
- Rockport Police/Fire: Medical calls lead to transports
- Manchester Police/Fire: Officers reunite parent, child during storm
- Rockport people in the news
- Essex people in the news
- Friends & Neighbors
- Crunch Time
- McGeary on track to lead Council