Commuters are turned away at Malden Center station in Malden, Mass. Friday, April 19, 2013 as area MBTA commuter trains are suspended. Two suspects in the Boston Marathon bombing killed an MIT police officer, injured a transit officer in a firefight and threw explosive devices at police during a getaway attempt in a long night of violence that left one of them dead and another still at large Friday, authorities said as the manhunt intensified for a young man described as a dangerous terrorist. (AP Photo/Elise Amendola)
- Latest Cape Ann News
Market Basket 'customer support' rally in Gloucester Friday, 10 a.m.
While Market Basket employees and customers are once again expected to rally Friday morning outside the company's primary warehouse and store in Tewksbury, Gloucester customers and workers are also planning a rally for 10 a.m. Friday on the Green StrContinued ...
State poised to raise fines for eel poaching
BOSTON — With a unanimous vote by the sate Senate on Wednesday and a final enactment vote in the House on Thursday, Massachusetts is on the brink of increasing by 100-fold the fine for poaching baby eels. State law now forbids the taking or possessioContinued ...
Council OKs St. Ann's lease loan
The Gloucester City Council has given its unanimous approval to obtaining a $400,000 loan to lease St. Ann's school beginning this fall. But the vote doesn't mean all council members are on board with the idea. During the same meeting Tuesday night iContinued ...
- Arthur T. makes offer to buy Market Basket
- Market Basket battle seen lifting local farms
- Windows on Gloucester
- Lawmakers look to confirm tax 'holiday'
- Accused teacher killer arraigned in second attack
- West Nile virus makes North Shore debut
- Gloucester Police/Fire: Man charge with assault after ax-wielding incident
- Rockport Police/Fire: Harbormasters respond to distressed kayaker
- Manchester/Essex Police/Fire: Trash caper draws police, DPW response
- Wednesday, July 23, 2014
- Patrick plans to sign shark finning ban
- Shareholders back deal for Rockport National Bank
- Read Arthur T. Demoulas' statement
- Market Basket 'customer support' rally in Gloucester Friday, 10 a.m.