Officials wearing tactical gear stand near an armored vehicle as they search an apartment building for one of two suspects in the Boston Marathon bombing, in Watertown, Mass., Friday, April 19, 2013. Two suspects in the Boston Marathon bombing killed an MIT police officer, injured a transit officer in a firefight and threw explosive devices at police during a getaway attempt in a long night of violence that left one of them dead and another still at large Friday, authorities said as the manhunt intensified for a young man described as a dangerous terrorist. (AP Photo/Julio Cortez)
- Latest Cape Ann News
Report spotlights fishing's fast fall
A report commissioned by the city Fisheries Commission shows that, as of a month ago, 210 commercial fishing vessels berth at docks and wharves in Gloucester's Inner Harbor and 38 percent of those utilize publicly-owned facilities. But that's not allContinued ...
Blynman Bridge weights snag city
A quiet change in the load limits for the Blynman Bridge has led the state to essentially bar the city from allowing emergency vehicles to cross, forcing CATA buses and heavy commercial vehicles to also seek an alternate route to and from West GlouceContinued ...
City man killed in Maine snowmobile crash
NEW PORTLAND, Maine -- Police say a Gloucester man was killed when he tried to cross a Maine road on his snowmobile and was hit by a pickup truck. The Somerset County Sheriff's Department said the accident happened around 6:15 p.m. Friday as 57-year-Continued ...
- Chamber sets showcase for plate project
- Wait goes on for NOAA grants
- Winning cards
- Friday, March 7, 2014
- Free screenings for lung cancer
- Manchester Calendar
- Gloucester Police/Fire: Women face charges in separate assaults
- Gas power plant draws new challenge
- State's House OKs earlier Sunday booze sales
- School honors trio of students
- Rockport Police/Fire: Vehicle breaks, vandalism in Rockport
- Manchester Police/Fire: Route 128 pedestrian charged on warrants
- Extended Marine Forecast
- Report spotlights fishing's fast fall