MIKE SPRINGER/Gloucester Daily Times Seven-year-old Samantha Figuerdo, left, of Gloucester and Robin Englin, 10, of Rockport sing Christmas carols with the Girl Scouts during the tree lighting ceremony Sunday at Kent Circle in Gloucester.
- Latest Cape Ann News
Battle plans for green crab
The invasive green crab -- and how to stop its devastation of the state's shellfish industry -- is drawing new calls to arms among the industry's stakeholders and others. And while a Monday night forum organized by state Sen. Bruce Tarr, R-GloucesterContinued ...
ME schools avoid budget override
MANCHESTER -- The Manchester Essex School Committee has given its stamp of approval to a tentative fiscal 2015 school budget, juggling some staffing cuts with hikes in user fees to remain within the limits of Proposition 21/2. The proposed budget ofContinued ...
Coakley hears fishermen's plight
Massachusetts Attorney General Martha Coakley visited Gloucester on Thursday, riding the political bicycle built for two that really only has room for one. Coakley spent part of the day dispensing with her duties as the state's chief law enforcementContinued ...
- Local bank warns of potential scam calls
- City steps up focus on I-4, C-2
- GHS' JROTC corps preps for nationals
- Central lot's viability stirs Conomo dispute
- Gloucester Police/Fire: Possible breaking and entering reported
- Thursday, March 6, 2014
- Rockport Police/Fire: Sandy Bay dispute draws police
- Manchester Police/Fire: Driver strikes two deer along Route 128
- Rockport Police/Fire: CO alarm call proves false
- Essex Police/Fire: Essex police probe theft from home
- Manchester Police/Fire: Route 128 crash sends one to hospital
- Lawmakers target bill at 'upskirt' ruling
- Battle plans for green crab