By Marjorie Nesin Staff Writer
Gloucester Daily Times
---- — ESSEX — The Essex Fire Department responded to a report of smoke in the area of Conomo Point Road Saturday about 5:57 p.m.
But firefighters found that the smoke stemmed from an indoor fireplace at a Gloucester residence just over the town line, according to Fire Chief Daniel Doucette.
Essex firefighters checked on a fire alarm sounding at a Lufkin Point Road residence Sunday about 3:24 p.m., but found no signs of fire and that the alarm was faulty, Doucette said.
Town firefighters also responded to a fire alarm sounding at an Island Road residence Sunday about 7:18 p.m., but found the alarm was set off by burnt food, according to Doucette.
Marjorie Nesin can be reached at 978-283-7000, x3451, or at email@example.com.