GloucesterTimes.com, Gloucester, MA

July 3, 2013

Rockport Police/Fire: Burnt food sparks fire alarm

Rockport Police/Fire

By James Niedzinski
Staff Writer

---- — ROCKPORT — Firefighters were dispatched to a Pleasant Street residence Monday at 6:22 p.m., but police said burnt food was the cause of the fire alarm.

Firefighters were also sent to Smith Street for about 30 minutes on Monday at 8:15 p.m. after a report of an electrical circuit sparking.

The following people were transported to Addison Gilbert Hospital in Gloucester:

On Monday, a Bearskin Neck employee was transported to the hospital after the person cut a hand at 12:46 p.m.

At 5:15 p.m. a Granite Street man was taken to the hospital, while a South Street woman was transported at 7:30 p.m.

James Niedzinski can be reached at 978-283-7000, x 3455 or at jniedzinski@gloucestertimes.com.