The Cape Ann Homeownership Center will offer a four-night First-Time Homebuyers Workshop, hosted by the Gloucester Housing Authority, at 259 Washington St., on Aug. 7, 8, 14 and 15, 6:30 to 9 p.m. Topics include credit scores, safe mortgages, home inspections, legal issues, and more. Class size is limited and expected to fill quickly. Cost is $55. To preregister, visit www.ghama.com, call Kathy Erkkila at 978-281-4770 x110, or stop by the office.
- Latest Cape Ann News
Bowling against hunger
Students at Manchester's Memorial Elementary School took a hands-on approach to fighting hunger last week, with guests dining on soup from the students' hand-crafted bowls as part of a drive to raise money to fight the problem both locally and globalContinued ...
Martial arts teacher still held in grisly beating case
SALEM -- The mixed martial arts instructor charged with repeatedly beating his Gloucester girlfriend so severely she has been left disfigured will remain in custody until a hearing later this month to determine whether he still poses a danger if releContinued ...
City man killed in Maine snowmobile crash
NEW PORTLAND, Maine -- Police say a Gloucester man was killed when he tried to cross a Maine road on his snowmobile and was hit by a pickup truck. The Somerset County Sheriff's Department said the accident happened around 6:15 p.m. Friday as 57-year-Continued ...
- BankGloucester opening Essex branch
- Gloucester District Court: Charges dismissed in Maplewood scuffle
- Shalin Liu hosts school chamber, choir concert
- Friday, March 7, 2014
- Free screenings for lung cancer
- Rockport on the agenda
- Essex on the agenda
- Manchester on the agenda
- Report spotlights fishing's fast fall
- Salem weighs private firm to run struggling school
- Prosecutor: 'Knockout' suspect claims mob ties
- Chamber sets showcase for plate project
- Saturday, March 8, 2014
- City man killed in Maine snowmobiling accident
- Bowling against hunger