Video by Mark Lorenz/Staff photographer
John Volpacchio of the Salem State Glassworks Studio creates a glass fish with five assistants in the two-and-a-half year-old studio. On Monday at 11 a.m., Chris Belleau of Providence will put on a glass blowing demonstration at the studio. The event is free and open to the public. Seating is limited. Call 978-542-7890 for reservations.
- Latest Cape Ann News
Council adds $600K for schools
A $600,000 increase in the school budget -- City Council's only change to the mayor's proposed budget -- will allow the school district to retain five or six employees who would have been laid off due to the creation of level-funded budget. The influContinued ...
Pharmacy eyed for Rockport's Main Street site
Pending approval from the Board of Appeals, a new pharmacy is set to open up in Rockport.Continued ...
Essex knocks down Conomo Point cottage
Citing zoning and owed money, the town of Essex opted to demolish a Conomo Point house.Continued ...
- Hornets make quick work of Monument Mountain for state title
- Editorial: School meals can't cheat class time
- Gloucester mailman accused of stealing debit card and pin, then spending $4,000
- Harbor Advisory Committee set for reorgization
- Monday, June 17, 2013
- Gloucester on the agenda
- Rockport on the agenda
- Essex on the agenda
- Manchester on the agenda
- Trial of alleged Hell's Angels may be delayed
- Man charged again with ducking tab
- Rockport Police/Fire: Woman faces assault charges
- Manchester Police/Fire: Man’s clothing question prompts complaint calls
- Council adds $600K for schools