MIKE SPRINGER/Gloucester Daily Times John Makowski, 12, of Manchester runs back to keep ahead of the advancing tide late Monday morning at Singing Beach in Manchester.
- Latest Cape Ann News
- Times editor talks 'Total Access' subscriptions
Council gets an earful on dog ordinance changes
Judith Goldman, a canine behavioral consultant and Gloucester resident, made the case for giving dogs the chance to get proper exercise without being leashed. "We know that dogs need to socialize with people and other dogs," said Goldman, suggestingContinued ...
NOAA tightens rules on rec fishermen
Responding to what it described as the over-fishing of Gulf of Maine cod and haddock in 2013, NOAA is dropping the hammer on recreational anglers in 2014 by shortening the length of retention seasons for both species and instituting a daily bag limitContinued ...
- Man at fatal OD scene gets jail time
- Essex petition challenges med pot site
- Good citizens all: Woman and her beagle among volunteer award winners
- Spring repairs
- Documents show plans for gas pipeline
- Blasts from the past: Essex man takes part in re-enactment
- Gloucester Police/Fire: Medical call seen leading to criminal charges
- Two towns’ firefighters battle blaze in brush
- Rockport Police/Fire
- Tuesday, April 22, 2014
- Leash-law options on table tonight
- Stronger than ever: American winner adds to triumphant marathon