The "paint your own folk art boxes" table, presented by Cogswell's Grant, was a popular spot to get messy and creative during the fourth annual Messy Art Night at Essex Elementary School school on Friday evening. The home and museum has over 148 boxes on site and there is a special tour just of the boxes when the museum is open. The Essex Elementary School PTO sponsored Messy Art Night, which featured about 14 local artists and the staffs of Art Haven, Cogswell Grant and the Essex Shipbuilding Museum.
- Latest Cape Ann News
Hundreds flock to shop downtown
For the 40th year, downtown businesses figuratively rolled out the red carpet, collectively hosting Ladies Night, a special night of shopping for the females of Cape Ann. Most of the shops, from the Building Center on Harbor Loop to Savour Wine and CContinued ...
Gift-giving program seeking help after sponsor loss
A nonprofit organization that helps families with children who have disabilities has lost the long-time sponsor of its gift-giving program. Leaders at Cape Ann Early Intervention say the loss of the sponsor has hampered its efforts to help local famiContinued ...
Manchester Police/Fire: Gloucester man facing drunken driving charge
News and information from the police and fire logs of ManchesterContinued ...
- Essex Police/Fire: Mailbox victim of hit and run
- Fishtown Players auditioning actresses
- Gloucester Police/Fire: Rock display by church raises concern
- Wednesday, December 4, 2013
- Vehicle homicide charged in May fatality
- AG Coakley moves to KO fish limits
- 911 mall call lands Rockport woman in hot water
- West Gloucester bridge work
- Teen pleads not guilty in teacher slaying
- Gloucester Police/Fire: Rockport man faces city DUI charge
- Shrimp season scrapped before it starts
- Essex Police/Fire: Detail officers rattled by drivers
- Rockport Police/Fire: Sound of gunshots draws police response
- Hundreds flock to shop downtown