Zachary Lee, an Essex Elementary School second-grader, gets nice and messy learning how to throw a small pot on a wheel, assisted by Shana Holub of Cape Ann Art Haven during the fourth annual Messy Art Night at EssexElementary School on Friday evening. The Essex Elementary School PTO sponsored the event, which featured about 14 local artists and the staffs of Art Haven, Cogswell Grant and the Essex Shipbuilding Museum.
- Latest Cape Ann News
Shareholders back deal for Rockport National Bank
ROCKPORT -- Rockport National Bank shareholders agreed by an overwhelming margin Tuesday to approve the acquisition of the longtime locally-based bank by the Newburyport-based Institution for Savings. And the merger may be completed earlier than antContinued ...
Standoff seen as 'ultimate Greek tragedy'
Widespread mini protests and boycotts continued outside Market Basket stores Tuesday, but the company board of directors remains mum in a standoff that could carry on for some time, and the next move is anyone's guess. Employees and protesters tell aContinued ...
City health chiefs back continuing fluoride use
Gloucester's public health leaders support the continued addition of fluoride to the city's drinking water, but a local anti-fluoridation group is trying to have the mineral removed. The debate surfaced earlier in Rockport, where voters at an upcominContinued ...
- Basket customers taking a hit
- Ipswich targets Essex, Gloucester clam raiders
- Family film fare on waterfront
- Jewelry store owner vows to catch burglars
- Gloucester Police/Fire: Local man charged on outside warrant
- Cashless toll system debuts on Tobin Bridge
- Towns' police/fire: Police steer bicyclist off Route 128
- Players needed for community concert
- Tuesday, July 22, 2014
- Body of diver recovered off Marblehead
- Statement from Arthur T. Demoulas
- Update: Institution deal for Rockport National approved, on fast track
- Firing of managers adds to unrest at rally
- Shareholders back deal for Rockport National Bank