Allegra Boverman/Gloucester Daily Times. The palette of acrylic paints in use at the still life painting table hosted by oil painter Kristen Walker of Essex during the fourth annual Messy Art Night at the school on Friday evening. The home and museum has over 148 boxes on site and there is a special tour just of the boxes when the museum is open. The Essex Elementary School PTO sponsored Messy Art Night, which featured about 14 local artists and the staffs of Art Haven, Cogswell Grant and the Essex Shipbuilding Museum.
- Latest Cape Ann News
Turning up the spotlight on tuna
A year ago, the Bluefin Blowout tuna fishing tournament went all the way through two full days of fishing by 45 boats without landing one giant bluefin on the docks at Cape Ann's Marina. Not so this year. Less than a full day into Friday's first dayContinued ...
Market impact affecting food pantries
The Market Basket protests outside the company's headquarters and stores like Gloucester's, combined with the stores' often-empty shelves, are steering a vast majority of the grocery chain's regular customers elsewhere. But not all are -- or can affoContinued ...
'Peter Pan' takes flight in Annisquam
More than a century ago, a Scottish dramatist penned a story that never seems to get old. In fact, that is the point of the tale of Peter Pan, the boy who won't grow up. Add to that his adventures in Neverland, and the story only gets more colorful.Continued ...
- Gloucester Police/Fire: Police probe break-ins, thefts from boats at yacht club
- City man indicted in knife, kidnapping case
- Locally led tagging study yields new data on bigeye
- Letter: A few 'liberal gifts' omitted by writer
- Talk of the Times: City, Cape Ann bid farewells to Tina and Ab
- 100 reasons to celebrate
- Rockport Ramblings: Acoustic fest, drum circle on schedule
- Town Talk: Town nurse warns of mosquito viruses
- Gloucester District Court: Lynn man indicted on multiple Gloucester charges
- Towns' Police/Fire: Essex police nab youth in cone caper
- US job growth eases but tops 200K for a 6th month
- Be direct in dealing with workplace issues
- Turning up the spotlight on tuna