Hi! My name is Cutter and I can’t wait to be adopted. A handsome, 1-year-old yellow Labrador, I am very sweet and affectionate. Modest, too! I like to walk and play in the backyard with the great staff here at Cape Ann Animal Aid, located at the Christopher Cutler Rich Animal Shelter on Four Paws Lane in Gloucester. An adult rescue, I am looking for a home with older, calmer children or adults. I have been asked to tell you about the Blessing of the Animals. It will be held rain or shine Sunday, Oct. 6, at 2 p.m. at Millbrook Meadow in Rockport in celebration of the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi. The Rev. Karin E. Wade, rector of St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, invites all Cape Ann pets to this short, ecumenical service. Animals should be on a leash, lead or in a cage or carrier. A donation will be taken to benefit Cape Ann Animal Aid. Please adopt me and bring me to the blessing!
- Latest Cape Ann News
Man faces vehicular homicide charge in May death at Lepage Lane
A man accused of driving over and killing another man in May after a heated argument outside a Heights of Cape Ann apartment building on Lepage Lane has been charged with motor vehicular homicide, and is now being held on bail in Middleton Jail. JameContinued ...
Trouble in the clam flats
ESSEX -- The soft-shelled backbone of this town's economy is under attack from an old enemy, with invasive species of crabs gobbling up clams throughout Essex Bay, experts say. There may be two invasive species threatening the deep-fried favorite ofContinued ...
Spreading the Hanukkah light in Rockport
Rabbi Yossi Lipsker never let rain dampen his holiday spirit of spreading the light, especially in a historic year when the first day of Hanukkah coincided with Thanksgiving. Lipsker, the director of the Swampscott-based Chabad of the North Shore, aContinued ...
- Santa's boat arrivals top town holiday slates
- Schools' teacher ratings draw fire
- Tuesday, December 3, 2013
- New arms bring North Shore man new hope
- Hospital sets up giving tree for Action clients
- Eighth-graders, parents invited to high school
- Rockport group hosts kids' wellness program
- Coping with grief during the holidays
- Gloucester Police/Fire: Woman nabbed on warrants faces other charges
- Essex Police/Fire:Man arrested on probation violation
- Rockport Police/Fire: Man reports wallet theft from car
- Syrian conflict at center of Cape Ann Forum
- Man faces vehicular homicide charge in May death at Lepage Lane