Hi! My name is Cutter and I can’t wait to be adopted. A handsome, 1-year-old yellow Labrador, I am very sweet and affectionate. Modest, too! I like to walk and play in the backyard with the great staff here at Cape Ann Animal Aid, located at the Christopher Cutler Rich Animal Shelter on Four Paws Lane in Gloucester. An adult rescue, I am looking for a home with older, calmer children or adults. I have been asked to tell you about the Blessing of the Animals. It will be held rain or shine Sunday, Oct. 6, at 2 p.m. at Millbrook Meadow in Rockport in celebration of the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi. The Rev. Karin E. Wade, rector of St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, invites all Cape Ann pets to this short, ecumenical service. Animals should be on a leash, lead or in a cage or carrier. A donation will be taken to benefit Cape Ann Animal Aid. Please adopt me and bring me to the blessing!
- Latest Cape Ann News
Times holding Rockport selectmen's debate May 1
Rockport voters zeroing in on their choices in a contested three-way race for two selectmen's seats will have the chance to hear all three candidates stake out their positions in a debate to be hosted by the Gloucester Daily Times at the Rockport ArtContinued ...
A bar for Rockport
ROCKPORT -- While many residents and visitors can sip an alcoholic beverage in a restaurant as they indulge in a meal, those who visit the Emerson Inn by the Sea can sit at a full-service bar. This may not seem like a big deal, but for a town that haContinued ...
Beauport buys Essex Avenue parking lot
Beauport Gloucester LLC, the company building the city's first downtown hotel in the historic Fort neighborhood, has acquired a parcel of land on Essex Avenue to be used for an off-site parking lot. The purchase comes as the Beauport firm, heaContinued ...
- Councilors get earful over city dog laws
- State affirms new boundaries for city's DPA
- Pride Stride steps off Sunday for 27th time
- Half-staff flag set as tribute to late councilor
- Newell Stadium is site of Y's 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Gloucester Police/Fire: City man facing new drug charges
- Manchester/Essex Police/Fire: Manchester police pick up man on warrants
- Rockport Police/Fire
- Wednesday, April 23, 2014
- Times editor talks 'Total Access' subscriptions
- Council gets an earful on dog ordinance changes
- NOAA tightens rules on rec fishermen
- Man at fatal OD scene gets jail time
- Times holding Rockport selectmen's debate May 1