Editorial: City can't blame lawsuit for delay on Fort project
Mayor Carolyn Kirk is right to promise that the city will defend its Conservation Commission from a lawsuit filed by the owners of the Mortillaro Lobster Company challenging the commission's green lights given for construction of the planned BeauportContinued ...
Editorial: Naive fishing 'bridge' plan wrongly lets NOAA off hook
On one level, the idea of seeking a "bridge" plan" as Gloucester Mayor Carolyn Kirk calls it, as a transition toward a new future for the city's waterfront is a good idea, just as it would be for any other fishing community. Even if the current federContinued ...
Editorial: Time to vote in Manchester
These are heady times for political involvement in Manchester. With officials still wrestling with the Town Meeting-approved plastic bag ban, and a special Town Meeting also looming on Wednesday (see news story, Page 1), there have been all sorts ofContinued ...
- Letter: The IRS and its 'social welfare' probes
- Letter: Mayor wrong to throw NOAA a 'white flag'
- Letter: IRS probes of agencies raise questions
- Letter: Flag etiquette and our veterans
- Monday, May 20, 2013
- Letters: Trying to make sense out of 'terrorism'
- Fishtown Local: Pigs still drink our water; do you?
- Enviros putting big money, strong efforts behind Markey
- Letter: WWII Memorial group keeps moving forward
- Letter: Rockport 'seniors' program appreciated
- Saturday, May 18, 2013
- Letter: Cinderella characters shine in Rockport
- Editorial: Feds' probe of AP phone records an affront to democracy
- Editorial: City can't blame lawsuit for delay on Fort project