Letter: Proposed dog ordinance a viable compromise
To the editor: While I'm glad that this paper recently endorsed extending the allowable leash length beyond 6 feet, I believe that the city's proposed new dog ordinance should be supported in its entirety. There are actually three aspects to the debContinued ...
Letter: Passover has no connection to Jesus
To the editor: Many learned readers should take exception to the claim made on Good Friday by letter writer Gerald Mahieu (the Times, Friday, April 18). In his letter, headlined "The last supper as Passover meal," he opines that "Jesus was a Jew andContinued ...
Letter: Will council decide for the many, or few?
To the editor: It started with the rude owner who shouted insults as he did go. Her husband was outraged rightfully so! So began the review of the animal control Soon came the self-appointed leader of the charge. Shouting it's about the safety of thContinued ...
- Saturday, April 19, 2014
- Why Did My Newspaper Do That? 'Staying Strong'
- The Mayor's Desk: Repeating the St. Ann message
- Letter: A bank deal and Rockport's identity
- Letter: Schools grateful for safety demonstration
- Letter: Why do voters turn against their own interests?
- Letter: Saluting the goodness on Marathon Monday
- Friday, April 18, 2014
- Editorial: City Council must heed red flags over leash proposal
- Editorial: Rockport needs full animal control
- Letter: Lease deal spotlights city's skewed priorities
- Letter: Anniversaries and questions for area voters
- Letter: The 'Last Supper' as a Passover meal
- Letter: The importance of recognizing Easter
- Letter: Proposed dog ordinance a viable compromise