- Tuesday, August 12, 2014
Editorial: Festivals show grass roots strength
Two of Cape Ann's newest "traditions" proved to be glowing successes again this past weekend. First, the third annual Gloucester Blues Festival drew more than 1,200 music lovers to Stage Fort Park, where fans danced, sang and swayed along to the musiContinued ...
Letter: Time to revisit Rockport spur road
To the editor: Back in the late 1930s, a road was constructed from Rockport to Gloucester from South Street, near the former Turk's Head Inn. It was for many years known as the New Road. A few years after it opened, an ice cream store opened on the NContinued ...
Letter: Tips for president's Vineyard vacation
To the editor: Soon, President Obama will likely be heading to Martha's Vineyard where the rich lefties roam free like antelope and buffalo play out west. Before you start dancing in the streets, I have come up with a few suggestions that may make hiContinued ...
- Letter: Don't expect Olympics here anytime soon
- Letter: Condolences — and thanks
- Letter: Market board remains root cause of problems
- Monday, August 11, 2014
- Editorial: NOAA plans for lobster shutdown must be challenged
- Fishtown Local: A minute saved, an hour earned
- Letter: NOAA's bogus reports too much to take
- Letter: Fluoride in our water should be our choice
- Letter: Votes by Warren, Markey line up with Gordon
- Saturday, August 9, 2014
- Editorial: Busy weekend slate spotlights our economic strength
- Editorial: A community loss for us all
- Letter: Where's the proof behind NOAA cod update?
- Letter: Changes in VNA lineup affects followup